Welcome to our Outgrow review.
Outgrow is a content marketing tool that enables you to build interactive marketing campaigns from a single platform.
The software offers a quiz maker, a calculator builder, customizable pre-made templates, chatbot functionality, performance metrics, and reports.
The key question: is it the best solution for you?
By the end of this review, you’ll know the answer, including whether it suits your specific needs.
We’ll explore Outgrow’s capabilities, detail the plans available, and discuss what we think are the tool’s key pros and cons.
What is Outgrow?
It’s a marketing platform designed to boost customer acquisition and engagement. It allows you to create and share engaging content to acquire new leads.
Outgrow is primarily known for its interactive quizzes and calculators. You can use the platform to create assessments, surveys, polls, chatbots, ecommerce recommendations, and giveaways without coding expertise.
But is it the most suitable tool for your business?
Continue reading for our full review. I’ll also discuss the pros and cons and a few Outgrow alternatives.
What features does Outgrow offer?
Outgrow is a robust tool that enables you to drive traffic proactively by creating engaging content. The key features worth knowing about include:
- Dashboard and UI
- Customizable templates
- WYSIWYG editor
- Performance recommendations
- Data analysis and reports
We’ll explore these features and give you a first-hand look at the tool.
Please note: Some of Outgrow’s features are only available in specific pricing plans.
Dashboard and UI
If you sign up for the Business plan, you’ll see AI suggestions. These enable you to generate content based on your goals, keywords, and content type:
The initial questions were a tad restrictive, and you can only select one option–you can’t go back if you make a mistake, either.
The AI then produces different headings (and subheadings) and five questions, as well as a background image:
To select from the headers, tick the box or click More Suggestions, Please! You can also change the text with the Edit icon.
The AI’s questions were basic, but that’s possibly due to my answers more than anything. Overall, the AI helped, and the creation process only took a few minutes:
The images the AI offers are accurate and impressive:
To finish, click Create My Content, which directly transports you to the editor.
Afterwards, click the Outgrow logo to go back to the Dashboard. It automatically saves your content in the middle of the page with both the date and status:
Outgrow’s UI is easy to navigate. On the left, next to your content, is a gamified to-do list with a percentage score. Each number in the list comes with a video to guide you:
If you’re confused, you can click the question icon in the top right or the live chat icon in the bottom right for some help:
To configure your settings, click on your account name and select Billing and Settings. Here, you can easily manage your email notifications, add team members, and manage multiple accounts:
In the next section, we’ll take a look at some templates.
Outgrow offers a stunning array of templates. You’ll find scenarios that link to specific industries. In the paid plans, the platform offers between five to eight different types of content:
You simply choose the content type. If you’re feeling adventurous, opt for a blank canvas:
Or you can select from the pre-designed templates that are categorized by industry. Click a template to preview it in tablet, desktop, and mobile mode:
The numerical calculator enables you to use math formulas and equations to give estimates, ROI, costs, projections, and savings.
For example, the price of an individual training plan entices the user with sliders, and it works as an email capture tool, too:
Outgrow offers numerous uses for its interactive calculators, from kitchen installations to podcast studio templates:
When it comes to quizzes, Outgrow offers Assessments, Ecommerce Recommendations, and Outcome quizzes.
Outcome quizzes provide the participant with multiple routes and different results based on the individual’s answers. They work by segmenting people into groups:
Similarly, Ecommerce Recommendations are quizzes that help users decide which products, courses, or services to buy. Examples include phones, camera equipment, watches, beauty, and skincare:
Interactive Assessments are great for educating a person and measuring their knowledge. The score at the end incentivizes them to keep learning a particular topic–excellent for online educational providers, membership sites, and bloggers:
It pays to add assessments as part of your social media lead-generation strategy. Non-government organizations (NGOs) or niche businesses can use this content type to raise brand awareness.
Outgrow uses a user-friendly What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) editor similar to Google Slides. It automatically saves your work, and you can see a real-time view of your campaign as you make edits.
After selecting a template, click Use Layout to get started. I picked my assessment on the dashboard by clicking on the image:
On the left side is the bulk of where you edit and create your content. The scroll bar on the right lets you see the slides, and if you click anywhere on the screen, the left-hand panel adapts so you can make edits to that section.
The Sitemap icon in the top-left corner shows the current structure, which you can drag to rearrange:
Clicking + Add New enables you to add over 20 widgets, such as products, custom HTML, and charts. You can also select the Form Elements tab, which lets you pick multi, single-select, or drop-down questions, file uploads, and a lead generation form.
Adding a lead generation form is straightforward–click the toggle, type a heading, add the relevant fields, including phone number and email, and then log in via Facebook:
Now, you can start creating questions. You can add icons or individual images for each answer:
The platform uses Unsplash’s excellent library of free photos. You can also upload your own image or GIF, add a link, and use an AI-generated image:
During each question, you can write a personal response for the user:
Outgrow additionally offers Logic Jump functionality, which makes the user go down a different path if they’ve met the criteria for that question.
For example, if you’re creating a cancer-risk calculator, your questions will depend on whether the person drinks alcohol or not. If they do drink, you might want to ask: “How many units or glasses per week?”. If they don’t drink, you would ask a different question altogether.
To edit the design, click the Overall Design on the left-hand side. You can upload your logo and change the background color (and font) from here. Premium features like adding font and removing the Outgrow logo are only available on the Business plan.
In the Payment section, you can adjust the settings to sell your goods and select from gateways such as Stripe and PayPal:
To test your campaign, click the Preview icon in the top-right corner like so:
Once done, click Go Live. Here, you can publish to a subdomain, as a QR code, or (as a premium feature) your own custom domain. All plans allow you to embed content on any webpage:
To boost your reach, click Go to Promotion Checklist or the Configure header. Here, you can sort your email and social media integrations, capabilities, and links for a piece:
Outgrow offers 58 native integrations, including GetResponse, HubSpot, and Salesforce, with the option to connect to over 1000 apps and tools using Zapier and Webhooks.
I found the process somewhat counterintuitive as my assessment was already live. That said, the checklist is comprehensive and will undoubtedly boost your chances of success.
After creating and configuring your content, you can further refine your piece with Outgrow’s Performance feature. The aim is to score as high as possible out of 100:
It’s broken down into the following metrics: Engagement, Conversion, Share, and Acquisition. The color green is the best outcome, blue signals room for improvement, and red needs quite a bit of work.
The good news is that Outgrow provides handy recommendations to increase your campaign’s overall performance.
To avoid confusion, if you access the Performance tab from Outgrow’s dashboard, it displays your performance outright:
The platform grades everything from your Account setup to your Ideas and Promotion, allowing you to get the most out of the software.
Data analysis and reports
The Analytics tab on the Dashboard enables you to access a bird’s-eye view of your live campaigns:
Navigate to the Analyze tab for a more in-depth look at individual content. To do this, click on a specific campaign and then click the Analyze tab.
Outgrow offers a wealth of data, KPIs, and metrics, including your conversion rate, average score based on visitors, and engagements. These can be found in the Overview section:
Underneath, you’ll find a map of the Top Geographies as well as pie charts showing the Top Devices, Traffic Sources, and Browsers.
In the User Details section, you’ll see customer data such as the duration, times, dates, transaction status, and the amount a user has spent on your interactive content:
Outgrow provides User Funnels, too, which show detailed metrics on user flows:
Further down the page are responses with a percentage of how a user answered each question. This allows you to review (and tweak) your content accordingly to maximize leads.
Outgrow provides Channel Analytics for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn so you can understand your target audience’s preferences and measure traffic.
In the Compare header, you can compare the results of three live pieces of content to see what works best for your target audience.
Similarly, in the Relate section, you can test different variables to find relationships between the data gathered:
And last but not least is the Reports section. Creating custom reports requires little effort. You simply toggle the data points as required:
You’ll need to set up automated emails for your clients or team and attach the relevant reports for daily, one-time, weekly, monthly, or yearly frequency.
How much does Outgrow cost?
Outgrow offers four popular tiers: Freelancer, Freelancer Pro, Essentials, and Business. Naturally, each plan includes differing features, benefits, and usage limits.
Let’s take a closer look at each of them.
The Freelancer plan starts at $22 per month (on the monthly payment model) or $14 per month on the annual subscription. It comes with the following features:
- Five format types to create interactive content: Outcome Quiz, Assessment, Poll, Calculator, Form/Survey
- Basic outcome mapping, conditional CTA, images, text, and personalized pages
- The ability to add Google Analytics and Facebook tracking codes
- Access to lead data, user responses, and traffic
- Outgrow’s native apps and Zapier
- Great customer support: live chat and supporting documents
- 3000 lead submissions per year
- A total of five content pieces
- The ability to add a logo
- Default layouts
- The option to export and segment data
- One user only
The Freelance Pro plan starts at $45 per month (on the monthly payment model) or $25 per month on the annual subscription. It comes with all of the features in the Freelancer plan, including:
- Lead generation tools, including ecommerce recommendations and giveaways
- Basic logic jump and conditional messaging with small business incentive
- Math formulas: basic and advanced math operators
- 12,000 lead submissions per year
- A total of six content pieces
- Images, text, and personalized pages for more leads
The Essentials plan starts at $115 per month (on the monthly payment model) or $95 per month on the annual subscription. It comes with all of the features in the Freelancer and Freelancer Pro plans, including:
- Email support
- 90,000 lead submissions per year
- Charts, tables, and graphs with SMB incentive
- Full access to Standard and default layouts
- Unlocks all mathematical calculations, formulas, and logic jumps
- Enables you to answer the first question in an email
- Lead magnet: welcome and Question page design
- Facebook and Google Pixel tracking
- Advanced integrations with SMB offer for building interactive content
- Custom tracking script
- Unlimited content distribution management
- Three team members
The Business plan starts at $720 per month (on the monthly payment model) or $600 per month on the annual subscription. It comes with all of the features in the previous plans, including:
- All content types to generate leads
- Full access to add tables, bar, polar/radar, and line graphs
- Advanced access to analytics and tracking
- HTML editor, custom HTML, and CSS editor
- Content hosted on a custom domain
- Removal of Outgrow’s branding
- AI-designed welcome, question, and result page
- Custom email notifications
- Custom coding
- PDF creation
- Priority support team
Outgrow has a freemium plan that allows you to create four surveys (or forms) with a restriction of 1,200 leads per year.
There’s a custom Startup Special plan, too. It offers eight content types, 12,000 leads per year, and access to all standard and default layouts for $85 on the monthly plan or $55 on the annual tier.
Enterprises and large agencies can contact the Sales team for a custom plan to suit their needs.
Outgrow offers a free 7-day trial for the Business plan. No card details are required.
Outgrow pros and cons
Outgrow is a great lead-generation solution, but it has its weaknesses. Here’s a brief round-up of what we thought were the biggest pros and cons.
- Clean UI and solid builder. Anyone can create content using the builder, and there isn’t a steep learning curve. The initial feeling of being overwhelmed is fleeting.
- Pre-made templates. You can save time with stunning templates that are available for interactive campaigns across multiple industries. The builder is intuitive, and you can quickly optimize each template’s layout and widgets.
- Excellent analytics. From viewing your social media analytics across multiple channels to dissecting your user’s behavior, Outgrow offers a comprehensive number of metrics and lead generation statistics. You can make informed decisions and produce engaging content that gains more traffic.
- Customer service. All plans, including the free tier, offer live chat and supporting documents. The response time was fast, and my questions were answered.
- Performance recommendations. Useful recommendations that help you to improve your individual campaigns. The platform encourages you to reach 100% with a few simple improvements.
- Unlimited content. Only from the Essentials plan onwards do you have access to unlimited campaigns. These are available from the get-go with Woorise, SweepWidget, and Shortstack.
- Pricing options. From Essentials to the Business plan, there’s a jump in price. That said, there are various plans available to suit most budgets.
Need to look at some alternatives? Check out these other tools before we head to our Outgrow review conclusion:
- Woorise | Our review — Offers a great lineup, including landing pages, quizzes, contests, giveaways, polls, surveys, bio links, and payment pages at an affordable price. It’s not just an online quiz maker.
- ShortStack — Purpose-built for businesses with an editor and tools that give you complete control over your campaign customizations and designs.
- SweepWidget | Our review — Our top social media contest tool offers unlimited email capture, entries, and contests.
Final thoughts on Outgrow
That concludes our Outgrow review.
Outgrow shines at creating sophisticated interactive content.
We particularly like how easy it is to find industry-specific templates, create campaigns in the builder, and test your published pieces against one another.
Overall, the platform offers a variety of valuable features and functionalities that are hard to ignore.
We strongly recommend you try out the free 7-day trial.
Thanks for reading, and best of luck!
Disclosure: Our content is reader-supported. If you click on certain links we may make a commission.