WordPress is a natural choice for those wanting to build educational websites and host online courses thanks to it’s affordability compared to SaaS course platforms.
LearnDash is the most popular learning management system (LMS) plugin on the market.
Now, the exact LearnDash theme you choose for your website can have a big impact on your success.
So, in this article, we’re going to breakdown the best LearnDash themes to consider for your WordPress educational website.
Let’s get started:
9 best LearnDash themes to consider
Astra is a multipurpose WordPress theme, which is recommended by the folks over at LearnDash. It works perfectly with the plugin and can be loaded in seconds.
Functional, yet stylish, the theme is designed to complement LearnDash but remains fully customizable. Its flexible design creates trendy designs for an enhanced experience. It is user friendly and packed with features. Powerful designing options and performance focus make Astra a strong option for your LearnDash website.
- Robust and lightweight.
- Specifically curated for LearnDash
- Pre-built layout and grid systems.
- Flexible design options with google fonts and other designing overhauls.
- Fully compatible with WooCommerce and Elementor.
- Translation and conversion-ready.
- Responsive and search engine optimized.
Pricing: Astra is free. Astra Pro starts from $59 onwards.
BuddyBoss LearnDash Theme
The BuddyBoss LearnDash theme caters to the eLearning needs of social-centric instructors. This WordPress eLearning theme is built to be completely customizable. It fully supports not just LearnDash but external plugins based on LearnDash.
BuddyBoss integrates with Appboss service and allows you to also launch a similar mobile app for android and iOS. It is one of the most powerful LearnDash themes in 2022 and comes with well-documented tutorials too.
The only drawback is that it is slightly heavier, as compared to the others, which may increase your page load speed slightly.
- End-to-end social integration.
- Excellent for building student profiles and encouraging peer-to-peer interaction.
- Fully compatible with WooCommerce and other plugins.
- Integration with AppBoss enabling mobile app creation.
- Enhanced monetization using membership support.
- Minimal but High standard templates.
- Multi-lingual and Right to Left support readily available.
- Fully customizable right from icons to headers.
Pricing: $228 for a single site annual license.
A WordPress eLearning theme made for multiple LMSes, Edumodo works best with LearnDash, LearnPress, and Sensei LMS.
It has hundreds of options available for granular control on designs. It also comes with a few ready to use layouts. You can load these and make your preferred customizations. Edumodo has extended compatibility with WooCommerce, MailChimp, and Elementor, so everything is taken care of, from designing to selling.
Whichever be the LMS plugin being used, Edumodo can easily integrate with the plugins compatible with the base plugin.
- Compatible with Elementor, MailChimp, and WooCommerce.
- Right to Left support.
- Search Engine optimization is done.
- Drag and Drop builder with hundreds of controls.
- One-click integration.
- Can be used over different LMS plugins without compatibility issues.
- Extensive social media integration to create a community experience.
Pricing: $49 with 6 months support.
University – Education, Event, and Course Theme
University is not just a theme. It is an LMS in itself. As the name suggests you can use this to create a complete learning experience. Not just courses and teaching, but additional ticketing, events, and activities can also be included.
The best aid is a free support system that takes care of all your bugs and fixes for you. It integrates well with WooCommerce and other membership plugins to facilitate other eLearning utilities. It also comes with additional provisions for LearnDash and can be used with the plugin effortlessly.
- Not just an eLearning theme but a Learning Management System in itself.
- Ready integration with LearnDash, WooCommerce, and many membership plugins.
- Unlimited color and layout options.
- Event management and calendar functionalities with ticketing.
- Facebook integration available for the community.
- Responsive Drag and Drop builder.
- Page designer, Revolution slider, and translation modules are ready to use.
Pricing: University will cost you $49.
Education Center is one of the most simple yet elegant alternatives on the list. The premium WPBakery Page Builder package is included with the theme. Fully customizable layouts are available with an event calendar, price comparison, and other feature integrations.
Education Center isn’t only designed for LearnDash. But it is observed to work best with a LearnDash and WooCommerce combo. It is tailored specially for schools and training purposes. With GDPR data compliance, the highest order of course integrity is maintained.
- Modern and colorful theme.
- Pre-designed layouts and pages.
- Various integrations like event calendars, price comparison, etc.
- Tailor-made for all modes of education and even has an offline option.
- Optimized for Mobile devices.
- Advanced course management systems can be implemented.
- Blogs and Discussion boards are available.
- Free and Professional support is available.
Pricing: Education Center would be at $59 with 6 months support.
A professional and dedicated WordPress eLearning theme, Invent is fit for all types of educational institutes and their requirements. A huge library of resources and templates is present to assist in your development. It allows you full customization of the LMS content.
Included premium widgets would ensure you do not run out of alternatives. A dedicated forum and a large community of users would have answers for all your queries. Invent also integrates with all LMS plugins seamlessly.
- 30+ custom page and layout builder elements.
- 17 premium widgets are also included.
- Countless styling and designing options and hundreds of elements like fonts etc.
- One-click setup with LearnDash.
- Caters an online experience.
- Translation, Portfolio, Gallery, and other support available.
- Post types, pre-designed templates allow creation in minutes which can be fully customized later as per needs.
- Site Origin Page builder and other development and creation modules are already present.
Invent’s 6-month license will cost you $59. This will be inclusive of the premium plugins and elements.
Arguably the most popular WordPress theme in the world, Divi is a theme and visual editor in one. A powerful responsive and drag-drop editing allows everyone to create. It’s an entire website design system in one. With a module for everything, you can create anything from an eLearning blog to a full-fledged marketplace for selling your courses.
Hundreds of pre-made packs and designs for all uses will provide you ease in designing. Divi also allows conversion and optimizes your existing designs. Granular level control is matched by none.
- Complete Design Control over everything.
- 40+ design elements for all applications.
- Bulk editing and global elements ensure fast development and uniformity.
- Special marketing, eCommerce, and optimization features.
- Interactive and easy to use, requires 0codingsg to create an eye-catchy eLearning platform.
- 800+ pre-made designs.
- 100+ website packs ready to use.
- Suitable for individuals and agencies alike.
Pricing: Divi can be purchased for an $89 license for a year.
Read our Divi review.
UniDash is a multipurpose theme, compatible with several WordPress LMS plugins of which LearnPress and LearnDash are some. It has a lot of advanced features, designed with online/offline academic teaching in mind. The robust theme has hundreds of configurations that allow even minute customizations.
UniDash has impeccable versatility and has unlimited dsign possibilities with the colors, designs, layouts, and so on. This is backed by fully professional customer support that has wide expertise in LMS and themes.
- Already integrated with WooCommerce, Member Press, Buddy Press, and event management plugins.
- The multipurpose theme can be used easily beyond eLearning capabilities as well.
- Allows creating sophisticated features as academic centers.
- Fully supports the industry’s best LMS plugins.
- Quick installation and visualization.
- Multi-lingual and Right to Left ready.
- 30+ widgets and a number of pre-designed layouts and elements.
Pricing: UniDash is priced at $47.
A bit different from the other eLearning themes on the list, Fernando is better suited for business owners, public speakers, and individual entities. It is also the second entry in the list that is based on the Genesis Framework.
What this means is that Fernando has the highest standards of security and development. It comes with a lot of preloaded features that can easily boost interaction and engagement. Pairing this with LearnDash enables extensive course building abilities.
- Social media integration to cater to community engagement.
- Secure, lightweight, and highly optimized.
- Suitable for Individual entities allows for making a perfect site that revolves around them.
- Not only eLearning via courses, but it can also support various other means like posts, blogs, etc.
- HTML5 coded and schema can be accessed and altered as per need.
Pricing: $79.95/year for the theme.
With so many young learners in the balance, choosing the right theme can make a lot of difference. A great theme empowers you to deliver the highest quality of user experience. Clean layouts and quick accessibility of the platforms can proportionately affect your sales and engagement.
Even seemingly minor things like the right fonts and elements can go a long way in converting visitors into customers. When it comes to WordPress, LearnDash is a very powerful LMS plugin; all it needs is a great theme companion that can enable you to utilize it to its maximum potential.
So, this was a list of our recommendations for the best WordPress eLearning themes to use for your website. We hope this comprehensive list helps you in making your ideal choice! If you still have trouble deciding, we suggest that you opt for themes like eLumine or Astra, which are highly popular in the LearnDash community and have excellent customer support.
Disclosure: Our content is reader-supported. If you click on certain links we may make a commission.