17 Best SEO Audit Tools (2023 Comparison)
Are you trying to find the best SEO audit tools to keep up with the constant SERP algorithm changes? Or are you frustrated with uploading content on your website and not ranking higher?
SEO audit tools help you cut down your manual auditing time from hours to just minutes.
But with so many tools on the market, which should you use?
In this article, we’re comparing the top SEO auditors and breaking down their key features. By the end, you’ll be able to make a more informed decision.
Let’s get started:
The best SEO audit tools – summary
- SE Ranking – Best SEO site auditor for most users. Includes a full suite of SEO tools. Includes technical audits and content audits.
- Raven Tools – Best SEO reporting tool with built-in website auditor.
- Semrush – Best all-in-one SEO tool. Includes site auditor and content audit tool.
- JetOctopus – Best for technical SEO audits and log file analysis.
- Surfer SEO – Best for content audits & content optimization.
1. SE Ranking
SE Ranking is the best pick available as a comprehensive SEO audit tool. It has one of the most powerful page crawlers, crawling hundreds of pages within minutes.
From on-page SEO audits like page speed and indexing to off-page SEO audits such as checking your backlink profile, you can thoroughly audit your entire website with this single tool.
A key part of any site audit should be content optimization. To assist with this, SE Ranking has an on-page SEO checker and content editor. While the latter works better for new content, both tools will provide recommendations to further optimize your content.
What’s more, with multiple features like keyword rank tracker and competitor analysis, you get a true “all-in-one” SEO tool. And the pricing is very good too.
- Easy-to-use dashboard with all key metrics at your fingertips.
- Check technical parameters like page load time, redirects, and security (HTTP and HTTPS issues).
- Check HTTP status codes like 404, 401, and more.
- The audit report gives you solutions to resolve every issue, along with other helpful informational links.
- Scan all pages for meta titles, meta tags, meta descriptions, and links.
- Verify internal and external links.
- Track your Core Web Vitals.
- Get the total number of backlinks.
- Set up parameters and issues to track according to your requirements.
- Get historical snapshots and backups.
- Resolve duplicate content issues.
SE Ranking offers three different pricing tiers, starting from $39 to $189 per month. You can take a 14-day trial too.
Morningscore is a full-featured SEO audit tool that offers an affordable option for those needing to run an SEO audit.
It allows you to categorize your site issues and prioritize them by importance. You don’t need to install it. It works online and provides you with all the essential SEO audit tools you need to optimize your website performance for search engines.
Morningscore offers a keyword research tool, rank tracker, SEO reporting tool, backlink checker, and a powerful website scanner. It’s a versatile tool that can benefit e-commerce stores, SEO agencies, and digital marketing agencies.
- Comprehensive website audit and recommended actions to improve SEO health.
- Instantaneous alerts for changes that could affect the SEO of your website.
- A full record of all website changes and historical snapshots.
- Technical SEO crawler for constant site monitoring.
- SEO audit reports and white-label reports for agencies.
- Competitor website analysis, keyword research, and keyword rank tracking.
Plans start from $65 a month. You can opt for a 14-day free trial available.
Read our SE Ranking review.
3. Raven Tools
Raven Tools is a leading SEO audit and reporting tool providing site audit, competitor analysis, and SEO reporting capabilities in a single package.
Raven Tools is a complete SEO toolkit that not only allows you to audit your site for all kinds of SEO issues but also offers everything from competitor research and keyword rank tracking to visually stunning reports.
- Visualize your site audit and address all issues with an easy checklist.
- Categorize SEO issues into six actionable categories.
- Compare and track SEO audits to chart progress over time.
- Integrate all your audit KPIs into your marketing reporting tool.
- Easily share SEO roadmaps with stakeholders with a simple HTML link.
- Customize and schedule audits.
- Access your dashboard across phones, tablets, and PCs.
Plans start from $49 a month. A 7-day free trial is available for each of its plans.
Semrush is one of the leading all-in-one SEO tools. Included is one of the best SEO audit tools—and for a good reason too. It has over 130 checks when auditing a website, from crawlability and page speed to backlink profile and security checks.
The reports will tell you exactly how you can get your site to rank higher based on your target audience and their searches. Semrush audits will also suggest link-building opportunities that you can use, apart from the other technical audit tweaks.
Outside of audits, you get access to keyword research, backlink analysis, content audits, PPC research, competitor research, social media tools, and more.
- Scan over 130 audit metrics from on-page and off-page SEO to technical SEO issues.
- Share SEO roadmaps with just an HTML link to your stakeholders. Alternatively, export the list of issues to an excel sheet.
- Create a customized white-label PDF of the issues.
- Schedule and customize your audits.
- Get the issues in a prioritized list to resolve issues needing immediate attention.
- Track the daily performance of your website with the Daily Performance Tracker.
- Discover neglected link-building opportunities.
- Get detailed audit reports containing issues regarding markup, security, internal linking, and more.
- Run keyword research, analyze traffic, and understand keyword gaps.
Paid plans start at approx $120 per month with a 7-day free trial. Semrush also offers free tools with limited features.
JetOctopus is an advanced SEO audit tool that offers in-depth technical SEO capabilities.
JetOctopus differentiates itself from many other tools by offering no limits on crawling and logs for its enterprise customers. It even offers free integration with Google Search Console, Google Analytics, and backlinks in its enterprise plans.
JetOctopus focuses on improving your site visibility and indexation along with boosting organic traffic and fixing SEO errors.
- Identify and fix webpage crawlability by Googlebot.
- Identify fake bots that just scrape your website and hurt server capacity.
- Analyze how visitors perceive your site and fix issues to boost traffic and SEO score.
- Fix SEO errors before Googlebot encounters them.
- Optimize site structure, improve internal links, fix duplicates, and check indexation tags.
- Get enhanced analysis and reporting with GSC Insight Extractor.
Plans are based on crawl volume and start from $176 monthly. The tool also provides a 7-day free trial.
6. SEO PowerSuite
SEO PowerSuite is one of the most affordable audit tools for small and medium business owners.
While SEO PowerSuite offers only four tools overall, it still covers the essential SEO features needed. Its toolkit comprises a rank tracker, website auditor, backlink analyzer, and a link-building and management tool.
These four tools are all that you need for your basic SEO analysis. If you require advanced features other than this, then PowerSuite might not be the right fit for you.
But if your priority is only website audit currently, then SEO PowerSuite can be the best tool as it covers almost every audit feature needed.
It’s worth noting that SEO PowerSuite requires you to download software. Some of its tools, such as backlink analysis, pull from data from the cloud.
- Audit your website for all on-page SEO, off-page SEO, and technical SEO metrics.
- Intuitive and easy-to-use interface.
- Monitor the Core Web Vitals and optimize for user experience.
- Compare your web pages with the ranking pages based on a keyword.
- Track your rankings, audit keywords, and analyze your competitors’ rankings with Rank Tracker.
SEO PowerSuite offers a yearly license starting at $299. You can get started with the free version of the app, as well.
Read our SEO PowerSuite review.
Serpstat is one of the most affordable SEO audit tools. Its features range from site auditing to keyword research and backlink analysis–all at an affordable price if you’re a small business.
Serpstat is indeed an all-in-one SEO tool, powered with keyword research, trend analysis, rank tracking, competitor analysis, and backlink analysis tools.
- Get audit issues in a list sorted by priority along with solutions.
- Run AMP-related checks to make sure the pages are mobile-friendly.
- Audit and resolve on-page issues like meta tags, redirects, and heading tags.
- Check Hreflang attributes if applicable.
- Resolve status codes and security issues.
- Analyze your content in comparison with ranking posts for desired keywords.
- Identify missing keywords and spam levels of individual pages.
- Use the readymade checklist to monitor tasks.
- Create custom SEO reports by choosing and combining metrics. Export reports to PDF files to share with team members and stakeholders.
- Batch analyze keywords and domains and compare up to five search databases.
The paid plans start at $69 per month. You can use the tool for free with limited credits and features.
8. Surfer SEO
Surfer SEO is a content audit tool that helps you optimize your content better to rank. If your primary goal is to improve your on-page SEO, this tool is a great fit. However, I would recommend using it in conjunction with one of the technical SEO tools mentioned above.
Surfer SEO has a unique auditing feature – it identifies the gaps in your content, finds missing keywords, targeting optimum text length based on SERP results, meta tags, and headings.
What’s more, you can audit and repurpose your old content with Surfer SEO, a feature that’s unique to this tool. The tool reveals the keywords and phrases missing from your content and gives you a score based on your content.
However, you need to keep in mind that the technical and off-page SEO like indexing, backlink analysis, and security analysis will have to be conducted by you separately. Surfer SEO won’t help you in that analysis.
Besides that con, it’s the best tool in the market for on-page audits.
- Automate internal linking suggestions.
- Find keywords and key phrases that are missing in your content.
- Check and compare the keyword density, content length, and headings with reference to the top-ranking results.
- Find broken links in your content.
- Whitelabel the audit reports for your clients.
- Repurpose past content and make them relevant to the current trends.
Paid plans start at $59 per month. However, you can get started with their 7-day free trial.
9. Netpeak Spider
Netpeak Spider is one of the most comprehensive audit tools for technical SEO. It’s suited for you if you have intermediate and advanced knowledge of SEO. And if your sole purpose is to understand deeper lying SEO issues, then this tool is the best fit for you.
You can spot critical optimization issues slowing your website down, find traffic growth points, and regularly create optimization reports automatically.
With this tool, you can crawl and audit more than one domain. That means you can audit your competitors’ websites, understand what they’re doing right, and implement that on your site.
- Segment specific parts of your website and find better optimization areas.
- Select custom parameters to optimize pages and create reports.
- Create charts and graphs based on severity issues.
- Integrate the tool with Google Analytics, Console, and Yandex.Metrica.
- Filter, group, or sort through results.
- Audit more than one domain.
- Scrape your website to extract data.
- Create sitemaps with Netpeak Spider’s built-in XML generator.
Plans start for as low as $7 per month. It also comes with a free-to-use option.
Moz is a beginner-friendly all-in-one SEO tool providing you with SEO audits, rank tracking, keyword research, and backlink analysis.
With user-friendly charts and audit results, you can get started with this tool even if you’re new to SEO. Plus, it covers everything from on-page audits to technical audits, so you can complete your entire audit with this single tool.
It crawls your website to detect common SEO problems like duplicate content, broken links and redirects, HTTP status codes, and more. It also arranges the issues with severity and category.
- Generate colorful and user-friendly charts and reports.
- Get Page Optimization Score based on keywords with its on-page optimization tool.
- Conduct an in-depth link analysis profile.
- Audit your website for on-page, off-page, and technical SEO issues.
Paid plans start at $99 per month with a 30-day free trial.
11. Google Search Console
Google Search Console is one of the most popular free SEO tools you can find. Previously called Google Webmaster Tools, Google Search Console (GSC) provides you with a plethora of site audit and SEO performance audit tools. Created by Google, you’re getting your data straight from the horse’s mouth.
You can scan your website for indexation and accessibility issues, going back as far as 16 months. Google Search Console also allows you to gain deep insights into your structured data, Accelerated Mobile Pages, HTML, broken links, and site content.
- Search analytics for your site’s impressions, clicks, and search engine rankings.
- Submit individual URLs and sitemaps for crawling.
- Automated alerts on identified site issues.
- Monitor, test, and track your AMP pages.
- Get alerts for indexing failures and ‘404’ or ‘500’ errors.
- Analyze your keyword performance with a content keywords tool.
- Generate customized audit reports.
- Gain insights into search query contributing traffic to your site.
- Coverage of user experience issues.
Google Search Console is a completely free SEO audit tool.
MySiteAuditor is a lead-generation tool that allows visitors to quickly audit their sites.
MySiteAuditor lets you embed unlimited audit forms on your website to allow visitors to audit their sites and provide you with new leads. You can also generate white-label audit reports if you’re an agency helping clients with SEO audits.
- Embed large, slim, or small forms on your site to generate more leads.
- Audit unlimited sites and generate reports for client meetings.
- Personalize audit reports with multiple white-label reporting tools.
Paid plans start from $39 a month with a 10-day free trial.
SEOptimer is an affordable SEO audit and reporting tool used by many leading brands.
SEOptimer crawls your website for a variety of factors affecting search engine optimization and provides comprehensive reports with actionable and prioritized recommendations.
You can also generate striking, white-label reports for clients. It even offers an embeddable SEO audit tool on your website to generate more leads.
- Analyze your site and uncover previously ignored internal pages with ranking potential.
- Get consolidated audit reports with actions prioritized by importance.
- Keyword research including search volume, competition, and estimated CPC.
- Keyword tracking with regional precision.
- SEO services like generating meta tags, robots.txt, and XML sitemaps.
Plans start from $19 a month with a 14-day free trial.
Nightwatch is a website audit tool that also offers powerful rank-tracking features.
Nightwatch is known for its rank tracker that offers highly accurate SERP ranking from more than 100,000 locations worldwide. But it also offers a powerful site audit tool that can be combined with its rank tracker to great results.
- Fast, on-page SEO audit with reports prioritized by URLs.
- Discover broken links, pages, and missing metadata.
- Compare SEO audits over time along with historical comparison.
- Automated white-label reports for agencies.
- Integrate data from Google Analytics and GSC to enhance reporting.
- Keyword discovery to find new keywords based on URLs.
- Powerful rank tracking to see the real-time effects of your SEO actions.
Plans start from $39 a month with a 14-day free trial.
15. Screaming Frog
Screaming Frog is a top-notch website crawler providing in-depth SEO audit and log file analyzing capabilities.
Screaming Frog targets SEO professionals, agencies, and small businesses with its affordable and advanced data extraction and SEO audit tools.
Screaming Frog exists as an installable tool for Windows, macOS, and Linux systems. You can scrape your website to create visual snapshots, identify broken links and faulty directs, and rectify duplicate content.
- Crawl your site and extract crucial SEO data to create visual snapshots with SEO Spider.
- Reveal URLs blocked by robots.txt, meta robots, and more.
- Find broken links, faulty redirects, and duplicate content.
- Analyze page titles and metadata and optimize for length and duplication.
- Generate XML sitemaps and Image XML sitemaps.
- Integrate with GSC, Google Analytics, and PageSpeed Insights.
- Analyze internal linking and URL structure.
- Identify crawled URLs and crawl frequency with Log File Analyzer.
- Fin uncrawled and orphan pages.
Plans for SEO Spider start from $209 a year. There’s a free version available with limited features.
Labrika is an AI-powered SEO audit tool that offers affordable and easy-to-use features to boost your SEO ranking, improve technical SEO. and optimize site content.
Labrika’s SEO Auditor checks over a hundred critical ranking factors and provides highly detailed and actionable reports. Its AI-led algorithm is updated with every Google update and analyzes your site for all known technical SEO issues.
You can also optimize your site content based on competitors’ webpages and check keyword rankings for thousands of locations worldwide.
- Identify SEO issues like keyword stuffing, plagiarism, and adult content.
- Find errors with incoming and outgoing links and incorrect or missing meta tags.
- Identify crawlability issues, sitemap errors, and critical coding errors.
- Focus attention on critical errors to prioritize optimization.
- Track the progress of SEO efforts with historical reports.
- Schedule SEO audits and create white-label reports.
- Analyze site content for keyword density, LSI, TF-IDF, and title optimization.
- Generate AI-based content optimization guidelines.
- Check keyword rankings on desktop and mobile for 100,000+ locations.
Paid plans start from $19 a month. There’s also a free trial available.
SpyFu is a full-stack digital marketing tool with SEO audit features built-in.
SpyFu offers an array of digital marketing tools from PPC analyzer and rank tracking to keyword research and competitor analysis. It offers its SEO audit capabilities as a combination of its various other tools. There’s no dedicated SEO audit tool here.
- Conduct PPC competitor research.
- Outperform your peers with SEO competitor research.
- Keyword research for PPC and SERP analysis.
- Track your domain’s SEO performance over the past 15 years.
- Eliminate duplicate and broken links.
- Identify ranking opportunities.
Plans start from $39 a month with a 30-day money-back guarantee for every plan.
The best SEO audit tool for your needs
The above list is comprehensive and has a tool for most use cases. So, how can you choose the best one from so many options?
Here are our suggestions:
- If you have a specific need and want to audit a specific area of SEO, you can choose Surfer SEO for on-page SEO and Netpeak Spider for technical and off-page SEO.
- SE Ranking and Semrush will be the best fit for you if you’re looking for an all-in-one tool for your SEO needs.
- If you’re on a tight budget, you can choose Serpstat or SEO PowerSuite as both are comprehensive tools at an affordable cost.
If you’re still not sure, I’d recommend checking out some of the free trials offered by the tools listed above. That’s the only foolproof way to ensure the tool is going to do exactly what you need it to.
And if you need more help, you may find these posts helpful:
- The Beginner’s Guide To SEO.
- SEO Tactics To Boost Your Rankings.
- 90+ SEO Statistics You Need To Know.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means we may make a small commission if you make a purchase.