Do you have a growing email list but low open and click-through rates?
If yes, you could have a list in need of a cleaning.
Email verification tools scan your email list and use a variety of different checks to remove invalid or dangerous emails. The end result is a higher deliverability rate than before and the protection of your email server’s reputation.
Here are seven email verification tools you can use to remove bad apples from your email list.
The best email verification tools to clean your email list fast
ZeroBounce is a popular email verification tool used by such major corporations as TripAdvisor, AllState and Comodo. It has multiple verification processes along with numerous integrations.
ZeroBounce checks for spam traps, emails that return hard bounces and addresses that mark emails as spam at aggressive rates. It also removes fake and misspelled email addresses.
What are ZeroBounce’s most important features?
- Bulk email list verification – Upload your entire list for processing.
- Single email verification – Verify emails you feel may be invalid one by one.
- Real-time verification API – Integrate ZeroBounce’s verification API with your site’s forms to prevent bad emails from being added to your list in the first place.
- Key customer data – ZeroBounce appends key data to valid email addresses on your list. This data may include things like your subscriber’s name, gender, geolocation and more.
- Integrations – ZeroBounce integrates with popular email providers and services seamlessly. You can integrate even more when you connect the tool to Zapier.
Pricing at ZeroBounce
ZeroBounce offers credits and subscription plans. The credit system is a pay-as-you-go option. They start at $16 for 2,000 email verifications. Premium plans start at $15/month for 2,000 email verifications, which is a 6% discount.
You can get started with ZeroBounce for free with its freemium plan, which has a limit of 100 email verifications per month. Your access to these free verifications ceases as soon as you pay for credits or purchase a subscription.
Alternatively, you can give ZeroBounce’s verification process a simple trial run by entering a single email address in the verification field on the homepage.
Mailfloss is a simple email verification tool that integrates with a large number of email marketing service providers and allows you to verify your email list in bulk.
It’s focused on automating the process of email verification, so you can focus on your business. It supports a wide variety of email providers such as MailChimp, Drip, ConvertKit, Sendinblue, Mailerlite, and more.
Mailfloss detects invalid addresses, temporary emails, duplicate emails and spam traps. It also removes emails with hard bounces and validates syntax errors.
Note: Mailfloss is the tool we use at Blogging Wizard because it’s effortless to use, well-priced and offers excellent support.
What are some of Mailfloss’ best features?
- Bulk email list verification – Connect your email marketing service provider or upload your list via CSV file, and let the tool take care of the cleaning process for you.
- Automatic daily cleanups – Mailfloss cleans up your email list on a daily basis for email marketing services you connect to the tool.
- Whitelist/blacklist options – Fine tune the tool’s cleaning process by setting up your own whitelist and blacklist options.
- Control deleted emails – Choose which emails get deleted or unsubscribed from your list. This prevents the tool from removing emails you know are valid.
- Integrations – Mailfloss connects with a large list of email marketing service providers directly. You can connect even more platforms through Zapier.
Pricing at Mailfloss
Mailfloss offers one-time bulk verifications or monthly subscriptions. Subscriptions start at $17/month for up to 10,000 email verifications and only go as high as $200/month for up to 125,000 email verifications.
You’ll receive two months free if you pay annually, and a seven-day free trial is available for all plans.
If you don’t want to pay monthly, have more than 125,000 emails to verify or use an email marketing service provider not officially supported by Mailfloss, you can purchase credits.
MailerCheck is a fantastic email validation platform from the company behind MailerLite – one of the most popular email marketing platforms.
MailerLite happens to have some of the best email delivery rates in the industry. They also have 1.1 million customers.
Their platform checks for inactive mailboxes, typos, disposable email boxes, syntax errors, and more.
What are MailerCheck’s key features?
- Bulk email verification – Verify email addresses in bulk by uploading a CSV or connecting with your email provider.
- API integrations with popular email providers – Want to pull your entire email list from a platform such as GetResponse or ConvertKit? API integrations allow you to easily import your subscribers.
- Individual email verification – Want to verify individual email addresses? You can.
- Reporting – Get a detailed report whenever you verify emails by bulk or using API integrations.
Pricing at MailerCheck
You can choose one-off credits which start off at $10 for 1K email credits. Price per email verification drops significantly when you purchase more credits. Alternatively, you can save 20% with a monthly subscription.
EmailListVerify is a popular email verification tool used by some of the biggest names in business, including MailChimp, Shopify and Rackspace. They’ve scanned over 5 billion email addresses during their time in business.
EmailListVerify performs a variety of different checks to pinpoint and remove invalid email addresses from your list. Emails connected to invalid, inactive or parked accounts are removed as are temporary and duplicate emails.
The tool also checks for spam traps, syntax errors and emails with hard bounce rates.
What does EmailListVerify offer?
- Bulk email list verification – Upload your list in a variety of different ways, and receive a clean list back with a deliverability rate of over 99%. Single email verifications are available as well.
- Email verification API – Adding this API to registration, opt-in and contact forms on your website eliminates invalid email addresses in real time by blocking form submissions unless the user inputs a valid email address. You can copy and paste a few lines of code or implement the API on your own if you’re a developer.
- Integrations – Integrates with most major email marketing platforms. However, you can always upload your list via a CSV, XLS, XLSX or TXT file if your platform isn’t on the list.
Pricing at EmailListVerify
EmailListVerify have a pay-as-you-go option starting at verifying 1,000 emails for $4 ($0.004/email). The cost per email check decreases the more you want checking.
Monthly subscriptions are based on how many emails you need to verify per day. You’ll save up to 50% with these plans. They start at $139/month for up to 5,000 emails per day.
Clearout detects bad emails in several ways. It removes duplicate emails, the dots from emails, temporary emails and sub accounts. It also identifies and removes spam traps, emails with hard bounces and emails from blacklisted domains.
What does Clearout have to offer?
- Bulk email list verifications – Upload lists of up to 1 million emails at a time for bulk verifications.
- Instant email verifications – These work similarly to single email verifications in that they allow you to verify a small number of emails quickly.
- REST API – Clearout utilizes the REST API as a way to allow developers to add its own API to forms for real-time verifications.
- Lead finder – Clearout pinpoints key pieces of data from your subscribers’ email addresses well enough to create a separate list of potential B2B leads for outreach strategies.
- Integrations – Clearout integrates with a small handful of email marketing services. Fortunately, its integration with Zapier can help fill in the gaps. Plus, you can simply export a copy of your list and upload it.
Pricing at Clearout
Clearout has two pricing plans – pay as you go and subscription. You save 30% if you go with an annual subscription, from $24.50/month for 5,000 credits.
You can give the service a try by verifying up to 500 emails free of charge.
NeverBounce launched in 2014, and it currently has over 100,000 clients. Its clientele includes a few big names, such as Uber, Dell, Girl Scouts, QuickenLoans and Harvard Medical School.
NeverBounce primarily offers bulk email list and single email verifications. It does this by validating mail servers and removing duplicate emails and syntax errors. It even checks if domains are live and whether or not certain emails have been blacklisted.
What features does NeverBounce offer?
- Bulk email list verification – Upload your entire list, wait for the tool to analyze it, and download a clean list with a 99.9% deliverability rate.
- Email verification – Verify millions of emails from a variety of different sources, including contact and lead forms, registration forms, CRMs, and more. You can verify up to 1,000 emails for free every month.
- Instant bounce analysis – All accounts come with this feature free of charge. It allows you to quickly analyze if your list needs to be cleaned before you send mass broadcast emails.
- Integrations – Integrates with popular email marketing tools and help desk software. Zapier is also an option if you need to create your own integrations. Guides on integrations are available in NeverBounce’s help docs. All accounts come with 1,000 free API verifications every month as well.
- Developer friendly – API wrappers are available for easy integration with the tools you use.
Pricing at NeverBounce
NeverBounce offers pay-as-you-go and monthly billing options. You’ll need to provide the number of emails you need to process and sign up for a free account to receive a quote if you want to pay monthly.
Pay-as-you-go rates start at $0.003 per email for up to 1 million emails and go as high as $0.008 per email for up to 10,000.
You can contact NeverBounce’s sales team for custom enterprise pricing if you have more than 1 million emails to process.
7. Email Checker
Email Checker is another major email verification tool. The service’s clients include Seagate, Box and EE. They’ve processed over 19 billion emails to date and have prevented over 1.3 billion bounces.
The tool’s verification process removes email addresses with invalid domains and syntax errors. Temporary emails are removed as well, and errors and typos are corrected.
An example would be correcting “gmail.cm” to “gmail.com”. Its catch-all verification feature also detects emails with hard bounce rates and removes them from your list.
What can Email Checker do for your list?
- Bulk email list verification – Upload your entire list, and wait for the tool to analyze it. You can download all emails, OKed emails, bad emails, unknown emails and catch-all emails.
- Real-time verification API – Integrate Email Checker’s verification API with your site’s forms to reject bad or invalid emails in real time.
- Automated list API – Integrate your app with Email Checker’s List API to send lists to the tool and download clean lists daily via an automated process. This feature is meant for businesses that receive numerous new subscribers or customers on a daily basis.
- Ecommerce integrated – The aforementioned real-time verification API works with ecommerce applications as well to prevent customers from entering invalid email addresses at checkout.
Pricing at Email Checker
Email Checker’s pricing options come in the form of a credit-based system and monthly subscriptions. There a dozen credit tiers and another dozen subscription tiers. The credit tiers start at $14 for 1,000 email verifications and max out at $2,499 for 2.5 million emails.
Plans start at $10/month for 1,000 email verifications and go as high as $1,899/month for 2.5 million emails. All plans require you to subscribe for a minimum of two months upfront.
Hunter is an email outreach tool that comes with an email verifier designed to clean your email list. This improves your deliverability rate for outreach campaigns.
Its primary function allows you to find email addresses for business leads based on domain searches as well as first/last name and email address searches. The email verification tool detects invalid emails, temporary emails, blacklisted emails and emails with hard bounces.
What email verification features does Hunter offer?
- Bulk email list verification – Upload your entire list for verification.
- Single email verification – Use the tool on Hunter’s Email Verifier page for single email verifications.
- API verifications – Use Hunter’s API to integrate it with the tools you use to collect emails.
Pricing at Hunter
Hunter’s pricing structure is based on requests. One email verification counts as one request as does one domain search and one email finder inquiry.
Plans start at €49/month for 1,000 requests. A free plan that allots 50 requests per month is also available.
Choosing the best email verification tool for your business
That concludes our list of email verification tools.
If you’re interested, be sure to choose a tool that has the features you need, integrates with the email marketing tool(s) you use and has a price you agree with.
For example, if you want to validate email address on an ongoing basis, you’ll need a tool that integrates directly with your email provider. In which case, look for a tool that offers direct integration with your email provider.
Mailfloss is a good option here as they support a lot of popular email marketing platforms. It’s the tool we use at Blogging Wizard because it’s so straightforward to use. Pricing is excellent and so is the support.
ZeroBounce also have plenty of API integrations available. And comes loaded with features.
If your main goal is to validate emails for the purposes of email outreach, any tool on the list would support bulk email checking, but Hunter is specifically suited to outreach because it helps you find people’s email addresses too.