Are you looking for the best WordPress opt-in form plugins to grow your email list?
In this article, we’ve rounded up the best plugins on the market.
All of these WordPress plugins make it easy for you to add high converting opt-in forms to your WordPress website.
Not only that, but some of these plugins go beyond basic opt-in functionality and also allow you to display targeted forms and run A/B testing.
If you want to increase your conversions, these are the sort of features you’re going to need.
First, we’ll walk you through each plugin and its standout features. And then we’ll share some recommendations based on different use cases – the best opt-in form plugin depends on your circumstances.
Let’s get started:
The best WordPress opt-in form plugins for 2021
Here’s our line-up of the best WordPress opt-in form plugins to grow your mailing list.
1. Thrive Leads
Thrive Leads is an all-in-one list building plugin packed with every type of opt-in form you could wish for, including:
- ThriveBox (Pop-Up Lightbox)
- Floating “Sticky” Ribbon
- Widget Area
- Screen-Filler Overlay
- Content Lock
- Scroll Mats
Thrive Leads also comes with pre-designed mobile-responsive templates for each type of opt-in form, so you’re ready to deploy straight away. You can use the templates “as-is” or design your own with the drag-and-drop editor. Plus, you can tweak your opt-in forms, so they look right on desktop, tablet, or mobile.
Precise targeting allows you to choose where your opt-in forms appear, and the advanced trigger options let you decide when they display.
Not sure which type of form to deploy where and when? No problem because the built-in A/B testing allows you to test different form types, triggers, designs, content, and offers.
- Multiple types of opt-in form
- Pre-designed opt-in form templates
- Customizable mobile-specific opt-in forms
- Precise targeting (tag, category, post, or page)
- Advanced trigger options (exit, time, scroll, or click)
- Seamless integration with every email service provider
- Advanced A/B testing of opt-in forms
- SmartLinks displays different opt-ins to existing subscribers
- SmartExit+ for smarter exit-intent opt-ins
- Detailed stats and reports on the performance of your opt-in forms
Plans start from $67 for one year of support and unlimited updates. Or you can join the Thrive Themes membership plan, which includes their theme builder and other plugins.
2. Convert Pro
Convert Pro is a popular WordPress opt-in form plugin with a growing library of pre-designed templates. You can use the drag-and-drop editor to customize the templates or design your own from scratch, including mobile-specific opt-in forms.
There are all types of opt-in forms, including Popups (One-Click and Multi-Step), Slide-In, Info Bar, Embedded (In-line), After Post, Widget, Convert Mat, and Full-Screen Popup (Screen-Filler Overlay).
Convert Pro’s advanced triggers allow you to display your opt-in forms at the right moment, and include Exit-Intent, Well-Timed, Welcome, User Inactivity, After Scroll, and After Content.
Plus, there are filters so you can target your visitors based on the device they are using, the referral website they’ve arrived from, the page they’re viewing, and more.
Convert Pro also includes A/B testing so you can compare multiple opt-in forms and test what works best with your audience.
- Extensive library of high-performing templates
- Easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor
- 100% mobile responsive and device-specific
- Advanced targeting
- Behavioral triggers
- Easy A/B testing
- Real-time reports and insights with Google Analytics integration
- Seamless integration with most popular email marketing platforms
Convert Pro is available with support and updates for $99/year or a once-only $399/lifetime deal. Or, you can pay $249 for a bundle of tools, including Convert Pro, Astra Pro, Schema Pro, and WP Portfolio.
ConvertBox is an intelligent SaaS platform that connects directly to WordPress via a plugin. There’s one central dashboard where you can monitor all your opt-in forms on all your sites.
It comes with a library of pre-designed, high-converting templates, which you can customize to match your website using the powerful visual editor.
There are several types of opt-in form, including Callout (Slide-In), Notification Bar, Modal Pop-Up, Full-Page Takeover, Large Embedded and Small Embedded, with more coming soon.
ConvertBox makes it easy to deliver smart, targeted opt-in form messages to individual visitors based on their stage in your sales journey (new or returning visitors, or existing customers).
It’s also easy to segment your subscribers by tag, group, or list in your email marketing tool based on how they answer your multiple-choice opt-in forms.
ConvertBox lets you split test your opt-in form messages and designs to see which performs best. And you can track everything with real-time analytics.
- Pre-designed mobile-responsive opt-in form templates
- Powerful drag-and-drop visual editor
- Quick-and-easy A/B testing of opt-in forms
- Advanced trigger options (about to leave, on a timer, link click, etc.)
- Intelligent targeting rules to show the right message at the right time
- Simple dashboard to manage all your opt-ins on all your sites
- Seamless integration with most email service providers
- Detailed analytics and insights for each element and step in your message
ConvertBox has a special introductory $495/lifetime offer available for a limited time. (Pricing will increase and change to a monthly/yearly subscription after the early access deal expires.)
Bloom is an email opt-in form plugin for WordPress by Elegant Themes.
It comes with 100+ pre-made opt-in form templates, which you can customize to match your website. There’s no visual editor, like Thrive or Convert Pro, but you can adjust a ton of design settings to get your desired opt-in form.
The plugin includes six types of opt-in form: Pop-Up, Fly-In, In-Line, Below Content, Widget Area, and Content Lock.
You can control the Pop-Up and Fly-In opt-in forms with six types of trigger: Timed Delay, Bottom of Post, After Scrolling, After Commenting, After Purchasing, and After Inactivity.
And you can also control where your opt-in forms display by targeting or excluding specific posts and pages.
Bloom integrates with 19 of the most popular email marketing providers, and you can manage all your accounts, lists, opt-ins, conversion rates, and insights from one central dashboard.
- 100+ pre-made templates and basic editor
- 6 types of mobile-responsive opt-in form
- 6 types of trigger (visitor, location, interaction)
- Advanced targeting (posts, pages, post/page types, categories)
- Simple A/B split testing
- Built-in analytics to monitor opt-in performance
- Seamless integration with popular email marketing systems
- Central dashboard to manage everything
Bloom is part of the Elegant Themes membership, which also includes access to Divi, Extra, and Monarch, and can be used on unlimited websites for $89/year or once-only $249/lifetime.
OptinMonster is a SaaS platform that integrates with WordPress via its dedicated WordPress plugin.
It comes with multiple types of opt-in form, including:
- Lightbox Pop-up
- Floating Bar
- Fullscreen Welcome Mat Overlay
- Slide-In Scroll Box
- Inline Content
- Sidebar Widget
- Content Locker
- Coupon Wheel
- Countdown Timer
You can choose your opt-in form from the library of pre-built templates designed for maximum conversion, or start from scratch with a blank canvas. Then customize the design with the easy-to-use, drag-and-drop visual builder.
You don’t have to worry about which design is going to work best because OptinMonster gathers all the stats you need to evaluate your opt-in forms’ performance. Plus, you can split test different headlines, content, and layouts to see which opt-in form converts the best.
OptinMonster also allows you to target and personalize your opt-in forms with some advanced behavior technology, so the right people see the right opt-in form at the right time.
For example, you can trigger by: Time on page, Time on site, Exit-Intent, Scroll, and Inactivity.
And then you can target with rules for things like: Specific Pages, Device, Geolocation, Referrer, New vs Returning Visitors, Cookie, and Ad Blocker usage.
OptinMonster integrates with all the popular email service providers services like ActiveCampaign, MailChimp, and SendinBlue, to name a few.
- Multiple types of opt-in form at your fingertips
- 75+ pre-made opt-in form templates
- Personalized OnSite Retargeting® shows the right offers
- Easy A/B split testing (headlines, content, layouts)
- Precise targeting (page, device, location, referer)
- Behavioral trigger options (exit-intent, time, scroll, inactivity)
- Detailed analytics and insights on opt-in performance
- Seamless integration with popular email service providers
OptinMonster offers a range of subscription plans starting from $9/month with every type of opt-in form.
6. WP Subscribe
WP Subscribe is a free opt-in form plugin for WordPress that’s exceptionally lightweight and designed to be as simple as possible.
The mobile responsive plugin creates widget-only opt-in forms. So once it’s installed, you can head to your widget settings and set up the forms you want.
There are limited editing options, but you can adjust the text and then customize the design using CSS.
- Simple opt-in forms for widget areas on your WordPress site
- Integrates with Aweber, Mailchimp, and FeedBurner
- Options to change the text displayed in the opt-in form
- Fully mobile-responsive and easily customized using CSS
WP Subscribe is FREE.
WP Subscribe Pro adds extra features and integrations, including MailRelay, Mad Mimi, MailPoet, Mailerlite, and GetResponse, and starts at $19.
7. WP Notification Bar Pro
WP Notification Bar Pro allows you to add notification bars to the top or bottom of your website with the option to make them slide-in.
You can choose either an opt-in form within a notification bar or a text+button that links to a landing page. Plus, you can choose to display particular notification bars on mobile-only, or desktop-only.
Additional targeting options display opt-in bars on a show/hide basis for:
- Specific pages and posts
- Search engine visitors
- Specific referrers
- Visitors logged in/out
If you have more than one notification bar on your site, you can set a priority sequence, so the most important bar displays first. And there’s basic A/B split testing so you can see which notification bar performs best.
The plugin integrates with most popular email service providers, including MailChimp, GetResponse, AWeber, Campaign Monitor, Constant Contact, ActiveCampaign, Benchmark, Sendinblue, Drip, ConvertKit, Mad Mimi, and more.
You can also use WP Notification Bar Pro to display custom alerts and notifications about discount codes, important information, countdown timers, plus links to other pages and social profiles.
- Displays notification bar opt-in forms at the top or bottom of pages
- 14 predefined colors and padding options to customize bars
- Simple show/hide targeting options (posts, pages, referral location)
- Basic A/B split testing of notification bar opt-ins
- Basic analytics tracks how notification bars perform
- Integrates with most popular email providers
- Includes other types of notification bar
WP Notification Bar Pro starts at $29 for one site with one year of updates and support.
8. Elementor Pro Popup Builder
Elementor Pro is one of the most popular WordPress visual page builder plugins, and Popup Builder is one of its premium features (called widgets).
The Popup Builder lets you create any modal pop-up you can imagine, including Fly-In, Full Screen, Hello Bar, Bottom Bar, Classic Lightbox, Slide-In, Welcome Mat, and Content Lock.
You can choose a pre-designed layout from over 100 templates, or create your own from scratch. Either way, the drag-and-drop design capabilities of Elementor Pro means you can achieve site-wide brand consistency, and incorporate smooth entrance and exit animations.
You can use other premium features of Elementor Pro to complete the opt-in functionality, such as:
- Form – Lets you create custom forms and connect them to your email marketing service (or Zapier) to grow your subscriber list.
- Exit Intent – Lets you ask your visitors to signup when they’re about to leave your site.
Elementor Pro also allows you to apply advanced targeting, so you can:
- Determine on which pages and posts to show pop-ups
- Set triggers to determine which actions set off pop-ups
- Show pop-ups to users who meet specific requirements
Unfortunately, there’s no built-in A/B split testing or analytics in Elementor Pro.
- Multiple types of pop-up opt-in forms
- 100+ stylish pre-designed pop-up templates
- Design-oriented pop-ups that are always on-brand
- Flexible, responsive layout and style controls
- Smooth entrance and exit animations
- Advanced targeting (content, device, referrer, user status)
- Precise triggers (scroll, time, exit intent)
- Easy integration with popular email marketing tools
Elementor Popup Builder is part of the Elementor Pro plugin, with prices starting at $49/year for use on a single site.
9. Sendinblue WP Plugin
Sendinblue’s official plugin for WordPress is a powerful all-in-one email marketing plugin bringing all the functionality of Sendinblue to your WordPress dashboard.
You can design your opt-in forms with the WYSIWYG editor (plus CSS if you wish) and add them to your site in posts, pages, or sidebar widget areas. For each form, you can choose which fields to display and the list where subscribers are saved.
You also get to configure the backend settings so that you can choose either single or double opt-in subscription forms, plus your confirmation/error messages, redirection URLs, and more.
The plugin adds loads more email marketing functionality, including Contact List Management, Newsletter Design, Marketing Automation, and Statistics.
And, while a Sendinblue account is required, they offer a generous free plan and allow you to sync your subscribers with other email marketing services.
- Create customized opt-in forms in your WordPress dashboard.
- Easily integrate them into your posts, pages, or sidebars.
- Manage your contact lists and take advantage of advanced segmentation to improve your email marketing performance.
- Easily create and send beautiful newsletters using the mobile-friendly, drag-and-drop builder to create custom emails or select a template.
- Enable and send transactional emails.
- Enable marketing automation.
- Monitor the real-time report dashboard with advanced insights into deliverability and performance: opens, clicks, bounce reports, etc.
The Sendinblue WordPress plugin is FREE. A Sendinblue account is required but a free plan is available.
Choosing the best WordPress opt-in form plugins for your website
The best WordPress plugin depends on your exact needs. Now, let’s take a look at which plugins are the best for certain scenarios:
What is the best all-round opt-in form plugin?
In terms of features and flexibility, Thrive Leads is the best option.
You get access to a drag & drop editor, lots of form templates, API integrations for popular providers, A/B split-testing, detailed reporting, and more.
Which opt-in form plugin offers the best value for money?
There are a few different options here:
Thrive Leads is the only plugin that includes lifetime updates as standard. Outside of the 12 months, you’d only need to pay for a support plan. If you don’t have any issues – you won’t need to pay again.
Convert Pro is $99/year but unlimited websites are supported. So, if you need to add opt-in forms to a lot of websites – you’ll get a lot for your money with this plugin.
Then, there’s Bloom. It may appear pricey initially but it comes with access to all other Elegant Themes products such as their flagship WordPress theme – Divi.
What is the best free opt-in form plugin?
WP Subscribe and WP Notification Bar Pro are both solid free options here. These plugins each add different types of opt-in forms so it’s important to figure out which opt-in forms you’d like to display.
If popovers and widgets – go for WP Subscribe. And WP Notification Bar for header/footer notification bars.
Which WordPress opt-in form plugin is the most lightweight?
Convert Pro is a standout plugin here because it’s modular. What does ‘modular’ mean?
You can choose to enable/disable features you don’t need rather than having to run every feature.
Do you use Elementor? If so, you should consider…
Elementor Pro has it’s own popover functionality and opt-in forms built-in. Just be aware that it doesn’t have A/B split-testing.
So, if you’re using Elementor already, it may make sense to upgrade to the Pro version. Just remember that there’s no A/B testing functionality.
And, if you’re serious about boosting conversions & gaining more email subscribers, A/B testing is the most effective way to do that.
But if you don’t use Elementor already, it’s probably not a good idea to use a page builder plugin just to display popovers and other types of opt-in forms.
Which opt-in form plugin is best for those managing multiple personal websites?
If affordability is most important, Convert Pro supports unlimited websites.
But, would you prefer to manage your opt-in forms from a single dashboard rather than having to dip into each site?
Which plugin is best for agencies or freelancers who have a lot of clients?
Both Convert Pro and Bloom’s licensing supports use on unlimited client sites.
Out of the two, Convert Pro is the superior plugin – it has a drag & drop editor, plenty of opt-in form types, integrations for popular providers, and more.
However, if you want to add more value for your clients, consider a Thrive Themes membership plan. It includes access to Thrive Leads and a bunch of other conversion-focused products:
- Thrive Theme Builder – A drag & drop theme builder that’s focused on conversions.
- Thrive Architect + Thrive Optimizer add-on – This page builder makes it easy to build high-converting landing pages. The add-on enables split-testing.
- Thrive Headline Optimizer – Increase traffic with headline testing.
- Thrive Quiz Builder – Create quizzes that drive traffic and social shares.
- Thrive Ultimatum – Deploy timed offers & evergreen marketing campaigns on your website in minutes.
And, there are a bunch more plugins.
Conversion-focused plugins & tools like this will enable you to create up-sells and cross-sells for your clients.
Now it’s time to choose a plugin and start growing your email list.