Do you find outreach campaigns tiresome and monotonous?
Blogger outreach tools may just be what you need to streamline this task.
From tools that help you find influencers and popular blogs to ones that help you send and manage outreach campaigns, this list is sure to contain at least one tool that will change the way you handle this aspect of marketing.
You’ll also find tools that help you find contact information, verify emails, send follow up reminders, and more.
At the end, you’ll find some recommendations on which tools will be the best fit for different use cases.
Let’s get started:
The best blogger outreach tools to grow your blog and influence
BuzzStream is a popular all-in-one outreach tool that allows you to manage everything from finding influencers to connect with to managing your campaigns when you do attempt to connect with them. Some of its most prolific customers include Airbnb, Shopify, Indeed, Canva, Glassdoor and 99designs.
What are some of BuzzStream’s best features?
- Collect Leads – Add leads to your database when you browse the web with BuzzStream’s browser extension that allows you to collect email addresses and social profiles on the go. You can also discover influencers by searching keywords and URLs.
- Segmentation – Filter and segment leads based on a number of different parameters, including relationship status, domain authority, tags and number of followers. You can even save segments as filters for later use.
- Email – Connect your email software to BuzzStream, and compose emails within the app. You can schedule emails or send them immediately.
- Email Templates – Choose from a number of different email templates, or create your own for later use.
- Follow-Up Campaigns – Label emails at different stages in campaigns, from emails that haven’t been opened to ones that have been opened but not responded to. You can also send follow-up emails and alerts that remind you to send them.
- Reports – View detailed reports that allow you to see the effectiveness of each individual campaign and campaigns as a whole.
Pricing for BuzzStream starts at $24/month for one user and up to 1,000 contacts. It comes with the majority of BuzzStream’s features with the higher plans offering support for three or more users, team features, and up to 300,000 contacts.
A 14-day free trial is available for all plans.
Snov.io is a simple yet powerful email outreach tool. It helps you find emails in a variety of different ways, verify emails, including your entire email list, and create outreach campaigns. It has over 250,000 users, some of whom have worked at such companies as Uber, Lenovo, LEGO, NYU, SoundCloud and Ubisoft.
What features is Snov.io known for?
- Email Finder – Search for email addresses by domain, company or name. You can also generate leads by job title, location and skills.
- Email Verification – Verify entire email lists. The tool detects disposable, catch-all, duplicate and temporary email addresses. It also validates emails in real time.
- Email Drip Campaigns – Optimize the way you send emails to leads by creating sequences based on actions, triggers and schedules. You can even schedule follow ups in advance.
- Gmail Integration – The tool integrates with Gmail, allowing you to track the emails you send.
- Chrome Integration – Discover emails for any website you visit on the fly with the Chrome browser extension.
Snov.io offers a free forever plan that comes with 50 credits per month and up to 200 contacts. Credits can be spent on the email finder and email verification tools. Premium plans start at $39/month for 1,000 credits and up to 5,000 contacts. Unused credits expire at the end of every month. Discounts are offered on annual plans.
Hunter is an outreach tool founded in 2015. It specializes in finding emails in a variety of different ways but continues to add additional features essential to outreach campaigns as time goes on. It’s been used by over 1.8 million customers, which have included such names as Google, Microsoft, IBM and Adobe.
What features does Hunter offer?
- Domain Search – Discover every email in Hunter’s database for a specific domain.
- Email Finder – Search for an individual’s professional email address by entering their name and company/domain.
- Email Verification – Verify one or more emails in one go. The tool checks for multiple issues, including hard bounce rates, email format, domain information and more.
- Chrome Extension – Discover email addresses for any domain on the fly with Hunter’s browser extension.
- Campaigns – Gmail and G Suite users can track outreach campaigns by integrating their accounts with Hunter. The tool tracks when emails have been opened and replied to.
- Email Templates and Personalization – Create email templates to make sending outreach campaigns simpler. You can also personalize individual emails in a campaign when you need to.
- Scheduled Emails – Choose when to send emails, and create follow ups.
Hunter offers a free forever plan that comes with up to 50 requests per month as well as campaigns. A “request” in Hunter is defined as one domain search, one email search or one email verification.
Premium plans start at €49/month for up to 1,000 requests. CSV exports are included as well, and 30% discounts are offered on all annual plans.
4. Ninja Outreach
Ninja Outreach is an all-in-one influencer and blogger outreach tool. It helps you find influencers through email, Twitter and Instagram with complete profiles available for each individual.
It also comes with email management tools built in and helps you stay on top of outreach campaigns. It’s a widely used tool whose clientele includes such names as Disney, Amazon, Walmart and Airbnb.
Ninja Outreach’s best features include the following:
- Business Lead Generation – Find thousands of business leads by inputting your niche and/or location as keywords. There are millions of profiles in the tool’s database. Each profile contains the lead’s website, follower account and email address.
- Multiple Search Types – Search for leads by name, or find every email address in NinjaOutreach’s database for a single URL.
- Segmentation – Organize leads with smart tags and relationship labels. You can also add short notes to leads that why you’re reaching out to them.
- Schedule Emails – Sync your inbox with NinjaOutreach’s API, then compose and send or schedule emails to the leads you collect. You can even create email templates.
- Status Reports – Keep track of every email you send with labels on emails that are scheduled and sent and whether or not emails have been opened and clicked through.
- Follow-Up Campaigns – Send follow-up emails to leads based on the actions they take with your original emails.
- Social Media Outreach – Find influencers on Instagram and Twitter with much of the same outreach tools as you can use for emails.
Ninja Outreach pricing
Ninja Outreach is one of the more expensive tools on this list with prices that start at $89/month (billed annually) or from $349/month. This plan comes with support for one user, up to 1,000 contacts and as many as 4,000 emails per month. A seven-day free trial is also available.
SEMrush is a multipurpose marketing application that offers a variety of different tools.
Some of its best known tools include the domain and keyword overviews, which allow you to research yourself and your competitors as well as perform extensive keyword research. It also includes tools for backlink research, social media and advertising analytics.
What a lot of people don’t know is that SEMrush has an entire tool for managing outreach campaigns, prospecting, sending emails, and monitoring responses.
To find it; open up the SEO toolkit and look for the Link Building Tool.
What features does SEMrush offer for outreach campaigns?
- Link Building Tool – This tool offers the ability to find prospects, send emails/followups and monitor your progress.
- Backlinks – View backlink data for any domain or URL. This will help you find link building opportunities for keywords you’re trying to rank for.
- Domain Overview – View traffic and keyword analytics for any domain, allowing you to gauge how influential a site would be for guest posting and link building opportunities.
- Topic Research – Easily generate topic ideas for guest posts. This is especially useful if you’re doing large scale content outreach.
- Backlink Gap – Find the backlinks your competitors have that you don’t.
- Rank Tracking – Monitor the positions of your target keywords.
- Brand Monitoring – Monitor mentions of your brand and your competitors’ brands across multiple platforms.
SEMrush is available for as low as $119.95/month. Annual plans have a 16% discount. Plans differentiate in the limits they offer for results per report, reports per day, projects, keywords to track, pages to crawl per month and more.
The cheapest plan also offers limited access to all of SEMrush’s tools. As far as outreach goes, you can monitor as many as 50 social media profiles with this plan.
You can get started with a seven-day free trial.
Mailshake is an outreach tool that is focused on link building campaigns. It helps you create and send cold email campaigns. It helps you automate the process, and you can keep track of who’s opened, clicked and replied to your emails.
What are Mailshake’s best features?
- Mail Merge – Send individual emails to a list of recipients in one go. All you need to do is set up a template and use Mailshake’s built-in parameters to fill in the blanks. Individual emails can also be personalized quickly.
- Scheduled Emails – Decide when emails should be sent, and automate follow ups.
- Drip Campaigns – In addition to scheduled emails, you can create drip campaigns to schedule emails based on time, triggers and actions.
- Lead Catcher – Keep track of leads, which are defined by anyone who replies to you in Mailshake, and sort them with “Won,” “Lost” and “Ignored” labels.
Milkshake have two plan – Email Outreach & Sales Engagement. Email Outreach is $59/month/user with a discount when an annual subscription is purchased. The Sales Engagement plan gives you access to all features for $99/month/user.
Free trials are not available, but the company offers a 30-day refund policy.
Awario is a social media monitoring tool you can use to monitor mentions of your brand across multiple channels. As far as outreach goes, you can monitor various keywords related to your niche to find top influencers and guest blogging opportunities.
What are some of Awario’s best features?
- Social Monitoring – Monitor mentions of any topic as keywords in real time. This works with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Reddit, forums, news sites and various articles around the web.
- Lead Generation – Find potential customers through social media posts in which users are either seeking products similar to your own or are complaining about your competitors.
- Email Alerts – Receive daily or weekly summaries for mentions and direct mentions from multiple platforms.
- Awario Reach – This feature pinpoints impactful conversations so you can prioritize outreach strategies based on what will bring the most success.
- Boolean Search – Create custom search parameters with Awario’s flexible boolean search tool. The service provides a guide that teaches how to use boolean logic in this manner.
- Analytics – View stats on how many mentions you receive from one source and the number of mentions you receive over time. You can also filter this view by positive, negative and neutral mentions, and identify top influencers by social media network.
Awario is available for as low as $29/month. This plan comes with up to 3 topics to monitor, 30,000 mentions per month and one team member.
8. Crystal Knows
Crystal Knows is a personality AI application founded in 2015. It’s a sophisticated tool that provides brief yet essential information about customers and influencers’ general behaviors in relation to business. It can help you perfect the emails and replies you send in outreach campaigns.
What features does Crystal Knows have to offer?
- Personality Traits – Discover anyone’s personality traits so you can make more strategic moves in emails and phone calls. The tool will let know an individual’s personality type in business as well as the types of behavior they like and avoid.
- Strategic Advice – View a brief list of do’s and don’ts that guide you toward the best courses of action to take and avoid while emailing or calling leads and influencers. The advice is tailored to an individual’s personality type.
- Multiple Sources – Receive data for an individual’s personality profile from their LinkedIn profile, your interactions with them in your CRM software or by asking them to take a survey directly from Crystal Knows.
- Integrations – View personality profiles from LinkedIn, Salesforce, HubSpot and more.
Crystal Knows pricing
You can use Crystal Knows’ Basic free plan forever. Premium plans are available in monthly and annual formats.
BuzzSumo is a marketing tool you can use to find influencers and tending topics in a few different ways. It’s a popular tool whose customers have included such publishers as BuzzFeed, The Telegraph and HubSpot.
How can BuzzSumo help your outreach campaigns?
- Influencers – Find top influencers in your niche across multiple social media platforms based on accounts that actually receive engagements, not the ones who simply have the most amount of subscribers.
- Monitoring – Create alerts for mentions of keywords, your brand, your competitors and products. This will help you generate new leads and discover top and trending influencers.
- Content Discovery – Find the top and most shared content of any keyword or domain. This allows you to generate topic ideas and find influential blogs.
- Content Research – Dig deeper into your competitors’ data on social media to find out what’s working for them. You can also view backlink data, which will give you dozens of link building opportunities.
Pricing for BuzzSumo’s premium plans start at $99/month or $948/year. This plan allows for up to five alerts and 5,000 mentions per month. Data goes back as far as one year, and it allows for up to five users, five projects and 50 exports.
Higher plans have higher allowances and access to more of BuzzSumo’s tools and data. A seven-day free trial is available.
FollowUpThen is a simple yet indispensable outreach tool. It allows you to have more control over your inbox by letting you hide emails for now and receive reminders for them later.
It uses specialized email addresses set up by FollowUpThen so you don’t need a browser extension or an integration with your email app. It’s been used by such companies as Facebook, Apple, HP, IBM, Stanford University and Stripe.
What features is FollowUpThen known for?
- Email Reminders – Snooze, or hide, an email to a time that’s more convenient for you. This could be the next day or weeks from now. The tool will make the message reappear with a reminder.
- Follow-Up Reminders – Hide emails you’ve replied to while you wait for a response, and have the tool send you follow-up reminders via email if the recipient hasn’t responded after a certain period of time.
- General Reminders – Send yourself future reminders via email and SMS about any task you need to get done on your to-do list.
- Tool-Specific Email Addresses – Add FollowUpThen’s specialized email addresses to the To, BCC and CC fields of your emails to control when reminders are sent and who receives them.
FollowUpThen has a free forever plan that can be used by a single user and allows for up to 50 follow ups and five recurring follow ups per month. More features and allowances are available in higher plans, which are offered at $24/year and $5/month. A free 30-day trial is available for all plans.
Choosing the right blogger outreach tools for your needs
The ideal tool(s) depend on your needs and current marketing stack.
In general, the best blogger outreach software for our needs is BuzzStream.
This is because you get a robust CRM that can be used to manage relationships & outreach with influencers. Not only can you do scaled shotgun style outreach but you can do targeted sniper outreach efficiently as well.
Then there’s all of the other features for prospecting, research, finding contact information, tracking backlinks, and an entire influencer database. The price is surprisingly good and the support is excellent.
However, if you don’t need a CRM or influencer database, Snov.io is excellent. One particularly need feature of this outreach software is the email verification tool – you can use it to ensure more emails land in inboxes and avoid email deliverability issues.
Then there’s Hunter. If you need an email finding tool, this is the one to go for but their platform has evolved into a fully fledged blogger outreach tool so it could easily fulfill your outreach needs.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means we may make a small commission if you make a purchase.