Forms are a critical element for any website.
Whether that be the good old contact form, lead generation forms, order forms, or one of the many other form types.
But how do you add these forms to your WordPress website?
You need a form plugin that makes the process easy.
One such plugin is Kali Forms.
In this Kali Forms review, we’ll take a deep dive into the features of this powerful form plugin. You’ll learn how to use it to create a contact form, and whether or not this plugin is for you.
Let’s get started:
What is Kali Forms?
Kali Forms is a WordPress form plugin designed to make building forms hassle-free.
There’s a free version of the plugin that’s ideal for creating simple contact forms.
Then there’s a pro version that unlocks a bunch of powerful features which include:
- Stripe integration for creation of order forms.
- Integrations with popular email providers such as ActiveCampaign and GetResponse so you can build your email list.
- SMS notifications so you can get a heads up on form submissions ASAP.
- reCAPTCHA and Akismet integrations so you can effectively block spam form submissions.
- Form calculations that allow you to create more advanced order forms.
- Multi-page forms makes it easy to boost form conversions.
- Conditional logic and advanced form fields open up the possibilities for more form types.
We’ll explore all of these features and more in this review. First, let’s take a look at how to use Kali Forms to create a contact form.
How to use Kali Forms
First, you need to install Kali Forms into your WordPress site. Go to Plugins > Add New on the left sidebar menu, type in “kali forms” on the search bar, and download and activate the plugin.
Once installed, go to Kali Forms > SMTP Settings to ensure that you’ll be able to send emails from your WordPress site using the form plugin.
Depending on your hosting configuration, you may be ok using the default WP mailer. However, you’ll get better email delivery if you enter custom SMTP information, or integrate with a transactional email provider such as Mailgun.
Next, go to Kali Forms > Add New to go to its One-Click Forms page.
If you wish to fast-track your way in building a form for your site, choose from the templates here.
Click on See Demo first to check if the form is something you can use. If so, click on Get Started.
Next, choose the layout of your form and import the information you want to include in it.
You’ll then have to customize the form using its drag-and-drop builder.
Just choose the fields from the left of the screen that you want to add by dragging and dropping them onto any area of the form.
To edit the fields, click on each from the form and make the changes on the left side.
After building the form, click on the Notifications tab to edit the message that will be sent to your desired email address when someone completes the form.
Create as many notifications as you need to make sure that the right people will be alerted regarding the form.
Finally, you may want to tweak the form’s settings before you showcase it on your site.
Most of the options here are available to PRO account holders only (more on this later). However, unlike most WordPress form plugins, Kali Forms allows you to create payment forms using the free version.
Just enter your PayPal client ID and sandbox client ID and you’re good to go!
After saving the form, all you need to do is embed it on the desired page on your site.
To do that, click on the Embed button on the top right of the screen to copy the shortcode and paste it on the page where you want it to show.
If you’re using WordPress Gutenberg, this is how you should embed it in the block editor of your page:
And your contact form will appear on the front end of your website like this:
The appearance of the form will depend on the layout you choose. You can always edit it from its form builder section.
How to setup Kali Forms PRO version
So far, we’ve only seen how the free version of Kali Forms works.
Now, let’s take at what’s possible with the premium version of Kali Forms.
Below is a screenshot of the differences between the free and paid plan:
To set up Kali Forms PRO, upgrade your account by choosing from any of its paid options. We will discuss the price of each plan later.
Once you have signed up, download the plugin of the PRO version from your Kali Forms dashboard.
Next, upload the plugin from your local drive to install it.
Once done, you must activate your license first by going to Kali Forms > Licensing and follow the directions there.
After logging into your account, you can download the PRO add-ons that you want to use for creating forms on the next page.
Click on the download icon just behind the add-on that you want to deploy on your site.
Then, scroll to the bottom to activate your license.
Below is a brief breakdown of the different add-ons you can use with Kali Forms:
- Kali Forms Webhooks – Integrate different third-party apps with your contact forms to automate your form process.
- Kali Forms Payments – Aside from PayPal, collect payments from people using your Stripe account.
- Kali Forms Google Analytics – Use Google Analytics to monitor and measure the performance of your forms.
- Kali Forms User Registrations – Allow people to create login details on your site after filling out the form.
- Kali Forms Digital Signature – Create a personalized signature that you can feature on your forms.
- Kali Forms Newsletters – Collect user information and save them in your email marketing platform of choice where you send out your newsletters.
- Kali Forms SMS – Receive notifications regarding your forms to your mobile devices.
- Kali Forms Slack – Get alerts from your Slack account to collaborate with your team.
- Kali Forms HubSpot – Manage the contacts who fill out your form using HubSpot CRM.
- Kali Forms Submissions – Collect data and manage information of people straight from Kali Forms.
To access the features these add-ons bring, you need to click on Install Now to deploy the add-on on your site.
Ideally, you want to install only add-ons that you will use for your forms. You don’t want to deploy add-ons for no reason because they will just make your site bloated.
From here, you will be able to access new fields from the form builder.
For instance, after installing the Payments add-on, I can drag and drop the premium fields onto the form.
By installing the PRO version and the correct add-ons, you can now create payment forms that integrate with Stripe, allow for multiple products, and more.
Another advantage of using the PRO version is it grants you access to all the premium templates.
Below are the following pre-made forms you can use for your site. These also serve as use-cases on the types of forms you can create with Kali Forms:
- GDPR-friendly contact form – Include a checkbox informing people about the data you’re collecting from the form.
- Art contest – Has a drop-down where you can choose the type of artwork you’re submitting plus an upload feature to submit your work.
- Job application – Requests applicants to answer a few questions and attach their CV in the form.
- Gaming tournament registration – Registers ESL teams to join your tournament.
- Running calculator form – Allows people to compute for something using your formula.
- Donation form – Fields in PayPal or Stripe donations for your non-profit organization.
- Request quote form – Computes for the price based on the services rendered for your prospective clients.
- Reservation form – Get people to place a reservation in your inn, resort, or hotel.
- Gym membership form – Collects information about your customers to help find the right gym program.
- Simple booking form – Permits users to book or schedule for your services at a specific time and date. Dates that people reserved for will be blocked off.
- Simple booking form with payment – Similar to simple booking form but with payment options using PayPal, Stripe, or wire transfer.
- Package delivery request – Allows delivery companies to collect sender and recipient details to confirm the delivery requests.
Kali Forms pricing
The free version of Kali Forms is ideal for basic use. It’s ideal if you want to create a simple contact form your website.
However, e-commerce and business websites would benefit from using the PRO version as detailed above.
Its premium features open up more options. You can create more complex forms, improve conversions, take payments with Stripe, and build your email list.
The PRO version lets you choose from several plans. Each of which come with 12 months of updates and support.
The Starter plan ($29 for 1 site) is ideal for solopreneurs and small business owners who want to get the most out of their WordPress form plugin.
The Freelancer plan ($49 for 3 sites) makes sense for people working for a handful of client sites and want to help create more complex multi-page forms for their sites.
Unlike the Starter plan, this plan includes the HubSpot and Google Analytics add-ons.
If you’re a budding business owner working with multiple sites, you can’t go wrong with the Small Business plan ($69 for 15 sites).
This gives you access to all add-ons not included in the previous plans such as Webhooks, Stripe integration, advanced e-commerce, and more.
Finally, the Agency plan ($89 for unlimited sites) is perfect for agencies and enterprises looking to scale the form processes of the businesses they manage daily.
Kali Forms pros and cons
This contact form plugin has the feature to help make creating WordPress forms and collecting information from it all too easy.
However, this sentiment may not apply to everybody since everyone has a different idea of how “easy” is supposed to be.
To help you decide if Kali Forms is indeed a breeze to use, below are its pros and cons.
- SMTP settings from within the plugin make sure you send and receive emails coming from the website without the hassle.
- Useful one-click layouts to help you achieve the look and feel you want from your forms without entering a single line of code.
- Handy templates that you can use right out of the box. Just replace the placeholder text with yours and you’re ready to publish it in minutes.
- Allows you to install extensions and add-ons individually so you don’t bloat your site with features you don’t need.
- No Gutenberg block option but you can easily use the shortcode option instead.
Kali Forms review: final thoughts
Kali Forms delivers promised a powerful and user-friendly WordPress form plugin. They have definitely delivered on this promise.
The drag & drop form builder, and form templates make it easy to get started. And it has all the important features you can expect from a leading form plugin.
With a few clicks you can create contact forms, lead generation forms, order forms, and so much more.
The Webhooks and integrations let you automate your workflow so all the information of people who signed up for your form will go to the right place. There’s no need for you to manually export and import the data to another platform.
If you’re looking for a solid and affordable WordPress form plugin, you can’t go wrong with Kali Forms.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means we may make a small commission if you make a purchase.