Did you know that 63% of businesses say that generating traffic and leads is their biggest marketing challenge?
Well, it doesn’t have to be for you anymore.
With a good contact form plugin for WordPress, you give site visitors an easy way to get in touch and give yourself the power to collect contact information so you can nurture relationships with leads long after they leave your website.
Sure, your site visitors may also have the option to reach out immediately using your live chat system (if you’re online of course!) or pick up the phone and call (please don’t put them on hold!).
But as great as these solutions can be, it’s always best to diversify the ways people can contact you and your team.
To help you generate more leads for your online business, and give people a reliable way to get in touch, we’ve rounded up the best WordPress contact form plugins in the market.
So…read on and take your pick!
Why do you need a WordPress contact form?
You might be asking yourself why you need a contact form on your WordPress website when you already have an email that anyone can use to reach out to you and your team.
That’s a good question, and one I’m prepared to answer:
- Generate more leads – You can use your contact form to not only give site visitors a way to ask questions or air concerns, but also to convince people to subscribe to your email list so you can market to them in the future.
- Convenience – Having a clear contact form on your website makes things easier on people. It also encourages people to reach out if they need something, rather than abandon your site and go elsewhere.
- Save time – The best WordPress contact forms will automatically send form submission data straight to your email marketing service provider so you don’t have to put in any extra effort when it comes to list building.
- Extended reachability – Like I mentioned above, giving your site visitors a variety of ways to get in touch is best. And, it just so happens that a contact form is something many people know to look for when they want to ask a question, request a quote, sign up for a webinar, etc.
Does everyone need a WordPress contact form? Nope. But, as you can see, there are many benefits to adding a contact form to your WordPress site.
Now, we’ll take a look at the best contact form plugins available for WordPress:
1. Gravity Forms
Gravity Forms is a WordPress form builder plugin that comes with a lot of advanced functionality and features.
Its drag and drop builder gives you the power to create complex forms in minutes and customize your form fields, of which there are 30 to choose from.
You can easily integrate your contact forms with third-party apps and services like MailChimp, Dropbox, Slack, Zapier, PayPal, and more.
This means that no matter the purpose of your contact form, you can enhance the user experience or automate the lead generation process and save yourself time.
In addition, as you invest in a higher paid plans, you unlock access to a whole host of Gravity Forms add-ons.
For example, add-ons can be used to create surveys, quizzes, user-submitted content, and even contests. This will help you boost engagement and conversion rates and generate higher quality leads all at the same time.
Other exceptional features include:
- Conditional logic to show or hide form fields based on user behavior
- Automatic email notifications after every form submission
- Multi-page forms to fight form fatigue and keep things organized
- File uploads so people can upload images, documents, and more
- Limit form entries and schedule how long to capture data
- Google reCaptcha, Akismet, and Really Simple Captcha spam fighting options
- Built-in responsive design so your forms render seamlessly for all site visitors
Price: $59/year for a single site license. After that, $159/year for 3 sites, and $259/year for unlimited sites.
WPForms claims to be the most beginner-friendly contact form plugin in the market to date. And while this may be true, don’t take its ease of use to mean that it lacks in features, because it doesn’t.
In fact, WPForms is packed with plenty of ways for you to build smarter forms that convert and give people an easy way to stay in touch when they need help.
To start, WPForms has a drag and drop builder with dozens of form fields and features such as smart conditional logic, geo-location data, signature feature, user-generated content, and file upload capability.
It also allows you to create surveys, quizzes, and other interactive contact forms so you can collect the information you need to stay in touch with leads and make better data-driven decisions.
Other top features include:
- 100+ pre-designed form templates
- Easy entry management in WordPress admin
- PayPal and Stripe add-ons
- Interactive form layouts
- Distraction-free landing page forms
- Custom CAPTCHA and Honeypot technology
You can easily integrate your contact forms with email services such as MailChimp, Drip, AWeber, GetResponse, Constant Contact, and Campaign Monitor.
And with the powerful Zapier addon, you can connect with over 500 web apps to make lead generation and form submission management a cinch.
Need a way to reach out to those that abandon your forms? WPForms has that too. Follow up with those that abandon your contact form using partial entries and unlock more leads.
Price: Starts at $39.50/year for the Basic plan. To unlock more advanced features, invest in higher paid plans coming in at $99.50/year, $199.50/year, and $299.50/year.
3. Ninja Forms
Ninja Forms is a freemium contact form plugin that is perfect for beginners that don’t know code and developers that want to make the most of their contact forms with the least amount of effort.
The base plugin, found in the WordPress Repository, comes with features like unlimited forms, fields, and form submissions right out of the box. It also lets site owners create success message or redirect visitors after submission, as well as receive email notifications when someone reaches out.
In addition, you’ll find custom form fields like a datepicker, custom input masks for things like currency, and the ability to translate your forms for your global audience.
The premium versions of Ninja Forms include features such as:
- Smart conditional logic
- Multi-part forms
- Frontend posting
- File uploads
- Advanced layouts and styles
- User registration and login forms
You can also purchase some of Ninja Forms’ add-on to extend the functionality and design of your site’s contact forms.
For example, choose an email service provider add-on to automate the list building process. Collect payments or donations. Use a CRM to streamline the sales funnel. And lastly, set up your customer support system using Help Scout.
Price: Base plugin is FREE. Or, buy the premium versions for $99/year (single site), $199/year (20 sites), or $499/year (unlimited sites).
4. Caldera Forms
Caldera Forms is a WordPress contact form plugin that boasts having all the features of any WordPress form builder – for free.
With its simple drag and drop editor that aims to make life easier on everyone – both site owner and visitor – Caldera Forms comes with neat form fields such as calculations, dropdown selections, and radio buttons (in addition to standard fields).
And of course, it comes with conditional logic, file upload fields, post submissions, and built-in anti-spam tools to help keep bot submissions at bay.
The free version of Caldera Forms also comes with:
- Responsive design
- Entry export function via CSV
- Unlimited autoresponders, fields, and submissions
- Free CDN services
- Built-in form templates
- Notification emails
- Automated database entry tracking
Okay, there’s also Caldera Pro that you can buy if you want features like enhanced email deliverability, priority support, an HTML layout builder, from entries as PDFs, and access to 27+ add-ons.
Some of the add-ons (that can also be purchased individually) include: MailChimp, PayPal, user registration, entry limiter, and geolocation. But I’ll be honest, it’s kind of pricey and I don’t think the value you receive is necessarily worth spending money on.
Price: FREE. Or, pay $14.99/month all the way up to $549.89/year for additional features.
Jetpack is an all-in-one plugin suite that also happens to come with a built-in contact form. With it, you can create a very simple contact form for site visitors to use when they need to get in touch with you or subscribe to your email list.
The great thing about using Jetpack’s contact form is that if you’re already using the Jetpack plugin, there’s nothing more to do than enable the contact form module. From there, you can either:
- Click the Add Form button in the Classic Editor and add a form to any post or page
- Add the Jetpack Form block in the Gutenberg Editor and add a form to any post or page
Though Jetpack is one of the most limited contact form plugins in this roundup, it does ensure that you’ll never have to worry about site speed or performance issues.
You can also send email notifications to the email of your choice, adjust the form settings in the editor as you add it your site, and even integrate it with the popular Akismet plugin for spam protection.
6. Everest Forms
Everest Forms comes with easy to use drag and drop fields so you can create any type of form you want for your website, including a contact form.
This contact form solution is lightweight and not resource intensive, so the user experience is never sacrificed.
And since its mobile-responsive, you can trust that no matter what type of devices your visitors are using, or what size screens they have, your contact form will render the way you want it to. But more than that, they’ll be able to fill it out with ease.
Here are some other neat features found in Everest Forms:
- Multiple column support
- Pre-built templates and design to help you get started
- Unlimited form creation
- Display forms anywhere with a shortcode
- Google reCAPTCHA support
- Translation ready
- Multiple email notifications
- Smart tags
- Redirect after form submission
If you need some more advanced functionality, there is a pro version of the plugin that will give you access to features like file and image uploads, PDF form submission, MailChimp and ConvertKit integration, surveys and polls, geolocation, and PayPal and Stripe support.
Price: FREE. $39 for a single site license. To unlock additional features you can pay more for higher priced plans – $89 for 5 sites, $129 for 25 sites, and $199 for unlimited site usage.
HappyForms is one of the newer WordPress contact form plugins in the market. But don’t let that worry you; it was developed by a reputable company – Theme Foundry – that has been in the WordPress space for some time.
One of the most unique things about this contact form plugin is that it’s built right into the WordPress Customizer, which is most likely familiar to you.
In addition, it comes with lightweight code, stellar performance, and the ability to drop forms anywhere on your site, including posts, pages, and even widget areas.
Another nice thing about this plugin is that all messages submitted by users are copied to the WordPress dashboard and/or emailed to you at the email of your choice.
This makes form management a cinch, which is important when you have other business-related things to focus on.
You can also expect other features like:
- One-click honeypot and Google reCAPTCHA
- Dashboard analytics for monitoring progress
- Partial entry capture
- Multi-page forms
- Form password protection
- Scheduler or form entry limits
- Advanced form response filtering
- Unlimited forms and responses
Keep in mind however, there is some HappyForm branding at the bottom of every form you add to your site, unless you invest in the premium version of the plugin.
Price: FREE or $79/year for additional features like import/export tools, WordPress Multisite support, and shuffle parts and values, or $259/year for all that plus Slack community access and priority email support.
8. Formidable Forms
Formidable Forms is a great choice for both website owners that need a free contact form solution, or those with money to spend on advanced contact form features.
With the free version of Formidable Forms, you’ll get features like:
- Drag and drop form builder and pre-designed templates
- Multiple form types – contact, polls, surveys, lead generation, user registration, and more
- reCAPTCHA integration
- Form entries in WordPress dashboard
- Export leads to a CSV, open in Excel, import anywhere
- Unlimited email notifications and autoresponders
In addition, Formidable Forms does its best to help you stay GDPR compliant. For instance, disable IP tracking and the storing of form submissions.
Plus, you can always add a checkbox to your contact forms to gather consent before adding a user’s email address to your list for future campaigns.
Formidable Forms Pro standout features include things like:
- Multi-page forms
- Email service provider integrations
- Quiz maker
- Signature feature
- Polylang and WPML support
- Payment collection
- Conditional logic
- Form scheduling
- White label form builder
In addition, when you put down some money for the pro version of Formidable Forms, you get access to the visual form styler.
This advanced feature makes it easy to customize the pre-made templates to match your brand. It also gives you the chance to change the appearance of the templates on a form-by-form basis, adding to this contact form’s flexibility.
Price: FREE. For 1 site, Formidable Forms Pro is $99/year, 15 sites is $199/year, and for unlimited sites $399/year.
9. Elementor Pro
Elementor Pro touts itself as the world’s leading WordPress page builder. It offers people an all-in-one-solution when it comes to building a website from the ground up, and that includes contact form creation.
With this plugin, you can create beautiful forms with zero coding skills and customize every element right down to the spacing between fields and text.
Utilize the 10+ form fields to gather the right information from your site visitors. Push them through the sales funnel, answer pressing questions, and even give them a chance to subscribe with form fields like numbers, URLs, dates, and more.
Adding to that, match the color schemes and typography to your website so your contact forms blend seamlessly with the rest of your site’s content.
Want to make sure you save as much time as possible with contact form management?
Elementor has you covered by giving you the option to integrate your forms with over 30 powerful marketing automation and CRM services. Talk about streamlining your workflow.
And don’t forget, Elementor does more than give you the tools to create a stunning contact form:
- Built-in honeypot and reCAPTCHA to ward off spam
- Confirmation emails after form submission
- Redirects to thank you pages
- Hidden fields for sending advanced data your users can’t see
- Submission notifications so you never miss a thing
Price: $49/year for a single site, $99/year for 3 sites, and $199/year for 1,000 sites.
Which WordPress contact form plugin is right for you?
Because there are so many choices to pick from, I’ll give you a brief review of each contact form plugin to help you out:
- Gravity Forms – Good for advanced site owners or developers wanting to create complex forms with lots of functionality.
- WPForms – Great for beginners and those that need a lot of variety when it comes to the types of contact forms they want on their websites.
- Ninja Forms – An affordable contact form plugin that comes with standard contact form features. The free version of this plugin is ideal for most site owners.
- Caldera Forms – A simple solution that has all the features you might want in a basic contact form without paying a dime.
- Jetpack – A no-nonsense plugin and truly free solution that is Gutenberg friendly and perfect for blogs or small businesses needing nothing more than a contact form for their site.
- Everest Forms – Another free contact form plugin with the option to go pro for specialty features like multi-column forms, PDF form submissions, and image uploads.
- HappyForms – A great choice for those that want form creation to be easy and familiar and entry management a cinch to access and well, manage.
- Formidable Forms – A freemium contact plugin form solution for those favoring features such as GDPR compliance, white label capability, and translation plugin compatibility.
- Elementor Pro – Anyone looking for a comprehensive solution to website building and contact form creation.
So, now that you know the importance of having a contact form on your website, and the best WordPress contact form plugin solutions around, take your pick and give your site visitors a way to reach out, sign up, subscribe, and more.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means we may make a small commission if you make a purchase. This doesn’t cost you any more but it does help us to continue publishing helpful content – thank you for your support!