Are you looking for the best WordPress contact form plugin for your website?
Contact forms make a lot of things possible. At a basic level, it makes it easier for your customers and visitors to contact you.
However, contact form plugins can be used to create complex order forms or be used for lead generation.
But with so many plugins available, which should you choose?
In this post, I’ll be comparing the best WordPress contact form plugins so you can make an informed decision.
Let’s get started:
The best WordPress contact form plugins
1. Gravity Forms
Gravity Forms is a WordPress form builder plugin that comes with a lot of advanced functionality and features.
Its drag and drop builder gives you the power to create complex forms in minutes and customize your form fields, of which there are 30 to choose from.
You can easily integrate your contact forms with third-party apps and services like MailChimp, Dropbox, Slack, Zapier, PayPal, and more.
This means that no matter the purpose of your contact form, you can enhance the user experience or automate the lead generation process and save yourself time.
In addition, as you invest in a higher paid plans, you unlock access to a whole host of Gravity Forms add-ons.
For example, add-ons can be used to create surveys, quizzes, user-submitted content, and even contests. This will help you boost engagement and conversion rates and generate higher quality leads all at the same time.
- Conditional logic to show or hide form fields based on user behavior
- Automatic email notifications after every form submission
- Multi-page forms to fight form fatigue and keep things organized
- File uploads so people can upload images, documents, and more
- Limit form entries and schedule how long to capture data
- Google reCaptcha, Akismet, and Really Simple Captcha spam fighting options
- Built-in responsive design so your forms render seamlessly for all site visitors
Price: $59/year for a single site license. After that, $159/year for 3 sites, and $259/year for unlimited sites.
2. Kali Forms
Kali Forms is a popular WordPress contact form plugin that offers a great range of features without being too complicated.
Like many other form plugins, Kali Forms uses a freemium model. Offering a limited free version with paid upgrades.
What’s great about this plugin in particular is how much more affordable the paid upgrades are. For example, integrations with email marketing providers are always a paid feature but the majority of them are available on the lowest plan. Which is around half the price of the likes of Gravity Forms. All in all, it’s the best value form plugin around.
The user interface is slick and it comes with plenty of templates to help you get started. You can create anything from a basic contact form to a job application form or an order form that integrates with PayPal and Stripe.
- Drag & drop form builder with great user interface.
- Included templates speed up the form building process.
- Integrates with popular email service providers.
- Multiple anti-spam methods including Google reCAPTCHA.
- PayPal and Stripe integration.
- Add a calculator to your forms.
- Choose how emails are sent – via WordPress, SMTP or integrate with transactional mail services such as Mailgun.
Price: Limited free version from WordPress.org. Premium version starts from $29.
Learn more in our Kali Forms review.
WPForms claims to be the most beginner-friendly contact form plugin on the market to date. And while this may be true, don’t take its ease of use to mean that it lacks in features, because it doesn’t.
In fact, WPForms is packed with plenty of ways for you to build smarter forms that convert and give people an easy way to stay in touch when they need help.
To start, WPForms has a drag and drop builder with dozens of form fields and features such as smart conditional logic, geo-location data, signature feature, user-generated content, and file upload capability.
It also allows you to create surveys, quizzes, and other interactive contact forms so you can collect the information you need to stay in touch with leads and make better data-driven decisions.
- 100+ pre-designed form templates
- Easy entry management in WordPress admin
- PayPal and Stripe add-ons
- Interactive form layouts
- Distraction-free landing page forms
- Custom CAPTCHA and Honeypot technology
You can easily integrate your contact forms with email services such as MailChimp, Drip, AWeber, GetResponse, Constant Contact, and Campaign Monitor.
And with the powerful Zapier addon, you can connect with over 500 web apps to make lead generation and form submission management a cinch.
Need a way to reach out to those that abandon your forms? WPForms has that too. Follow up with those that abandon your contact form using partial entries and unlock more leads.
Price: Starts at $31.60/year for the Basic plan. To unlock more advanced features, invest in higher paid plans from $79.60/year.
Learn more in our WPForms review.
4. Ninja Forms
Ninja Forms is a freemium contact form plugin that is perfect for beginners that don’t know code and developers that want to make the most of their contact forms with the least amount of effort.
The base plugin, found in the WordPress Repository, comes with features like unlimited forms, fields, and form submissions right out of the box. It also lets site owners create success message or redirect visitors after submission, as well as receive email notifications when someone reaches out.
In addition, you’ll find custom form fields like a datepicker, custom input masks for things like currency, and the ability to translate your forms for your global audience.
- Smart conditional logic
- Multi-part forms
- Frontend posting
- File uploads
- Advanced layouts and styles
- User registration and login forms
You can also purchase some of Ninja Forms’ add-on to extend the functionality and design of your site’s contact forms.
For example, choose an email service provider add-on to automate the list building process. Collect payments or donations. Use a CRM to streamline the sales funnel. And lastly, set up your customer support system using Help Scout.
Price: Base plugin is FREE. Or, buy the premium versions for $99/year (single site), $199/year (20 sites), or $499/year (unlimited sites).
Jetpack is an all-in-one plugin suite that also happens to come with a built-in contact form. With it, you can create a very simple contact form for site visitors to use when they need to get in touch with you or subscribe to your email list.
The great thing about using Jetpack’s contact form is that if you’re already using the Jetpack plugin, there’s nothing more to do than enable the contact form module. From there, you can either:
- Click the Add Form button in the Classic Editor and add a form to any post or page
- Add the Jetpack Form block in the Gutenberg Editor and add a form to any post or page
Though Jetpack is one of the most limited contact form plugins in this roundup, it does ensure that you’ll never have to worry about site speed or performance issues.
You can also send email notifications to the email of your choice, adjust the form settings in the editor as you add it your site, and even integrate it with the popular Akismet plugin for spam protection.
Price: Free with additional features available as part of Jetpack Premium.
6. Everest Forms
Everest Forms comes with easy to use drag and drop fields so you can create any type of form you want for your website, including a contact form.
This contact form solution is lightweight and not resource intensive, so the user experience is never sacrificed.
And since its mobile-responsive, you can trust that no matter what type of devices your visitors are using, or what size screens they have, your contact form will render the way you want it to. But more than that, they’ll be able to fill it out with ease.
- Multiple column support
- Pre-built templates and design to help you get started
- Unlimited form creation
- Display forms anywhere with a shortcode
- Google reCAPTCHA support
- Translation ready
- Multiple email notifications
- Smart tags
- Redirect after form submission
If you need some more advanced functionality, there is a pro version of the plugin that will give you access to features like file and image uploads, PDF form submission, MailChimp and ConvertKit integration, surveys and polls, geolocation, and PayPal and Stripe support.
Price: FREE. $49/year for a single site license. For more features consider higher plans from $99/year.
HappyForms is one of the newer WordPress contact form plugins in the market. But don’t let that worry you; it was developed by a reputable company – Theme Foundry – that has been in the WordPress space for some time.
One of the most unique things about this contact form plugin is that it’s built right into the WordPress Customizer, which is most likely familiar to you.
In addition, it comes with lightweight code, stellar performance, and the ability to drop forms anywhere on your site, including posts, pages, and even widget areas.
Another nice thing about this plugin is that all messages submitted by users are copied to the WordPress dashboard and/or emailed to you at the email of your choice.
This makes form management a cinch, which is important when you have other business-related things to focus on.
- One-click honeypot and Google reCAPTCHA
- Dashboard analytics for monitoring progress
- Partial entry capture
- Multi-page forms
- Form password protection
- Scheduler or form entry limits
- Advanced form response filtering
- Unlimited forms and responses
Keep in mind however, there is some HappyForm branding at the bottom of every form you add to your site, unless you invest in the premium version of the plugin.
Price: FREE. Premium plan starts at $49.
8. Formidable Forms
Formidable Forms is a great choice for both website owners that need a free contact form solution, or those with money to spend on advanced contact form features.
With the free version of Formidable Forms, you’ll get features like:
- Drag and drop form builder and pre-designed templates
- Multiple form types – contact, polls, surveys, lead generation, user registration, and more
- reCAPTCHA integration
- Form entries in WordPress dashboard
- Export leads to a CSV, open in Excel, import anywhere
- Unlimited email notifications and autoresponders
In addition, Formidable Forms does its best to help you stay GDPR compliant. For instance, disable IP tracking and the storing of form submissions.
Plus, you can always add a checkbox to your contact forms to gather consent before adding a user’s email address to your list for future campaigns.
- Multi-page forms
- Email service provider integrations
- Quiz maker
- Signature feature
- Polylang and WPML support
- Payment collection
- Conditional logic
- Form scheduling
- White label form builder
In addition, when you put down some money for the pro version of Formidable Forms, you get access to the visual form styler.
This advanced feature makes it easy to customize the pre-made templates to match your brand. It also gives you the chance to change the appearance of the templates on a form-by-form basis, adding to this contact form’s flexibility.
Price: FREE. For 1 site, Formidable Forms Pro is $99/year, 15 sites is $199/year, and for unlimited sites $399/year.
9. Elementor Pro
Elementor Pro touts itself as the world’s leading WordPress page builder. It offers people an all-in-one-solution when it comes to building a website from the ground up, and that includes contact form creation.
With this plugin, you can create beautiful forms with zero coding skills and customize every element right down to the spacing between fields and text.
Utilize the 10+ form fields to gather the right information from your site visitors. Push them through the sales funnel, answer pressing questions, and even give them a chance to subscribe with form fields like numbers, URLs, dates, and more.
Adding to that, match the color schemes and typography to your website so your contact forms blend seamlessly with the rest of your site’s content.
Want to make sure you save as much time as possible with contact form management?
Elementor has you covered by giving you the option to integrate your forms with over 30 powerful marketing automation and CRM services. Talk about streamlining your workflow.
And don’t forget, Elementor does more than give you the tools to create a stunning contact form:
- Built-in honeypot and reCAPTCHA to ward off spam
- Confirmation emails after form submission
- Redirects to thank you pages
- Hidden fields for sending advanced data your users can’t see
- Submission notifications so you never miss a thing
Price: $49/year for a single site, $99/year for 3 sites, and $199/year for 25 sites.
Which WordPress contact form plugin is right for you?
There are plenty of plugins to choose from on this list, so, I’ll give you a brief review of each contact form plugin to help you decide:
- Gravity Forms – Good for advanced site owners or developers wanting to create complex forms with lots of functionality.
- Kali Forms – Perfect for those who want an affordable contact form without overcomplicating the process.
- WPForms – Great for beginners and those that need a lot of variety when it comes to the types of contact forms they want on their websites.
- Ninja Forms – An affordable contact form plugin that comes with standard contact form features. The free version of this plugin is ideal for most site owners.
- Jetpack – A no-nonsense plugin and truly free solution that is Gutenberg friendly and perfect for blogs or small businesses needing nothing more than a contact form for their site.
- Everest Forms – Another free contact form plugin with the option to go pro for specialty features like multi-column forms, PDF form submissions, and image uploads.
- HappyForms – A great choice for those that want form creation to be easy and familiar and entry management a cinch to access and well, manage.
- Formidable Forms – A freemium contact plugin form solution for those favoring features such as GDPR compliance, white label capability, and translation plugin compatibility.
- Elementor Pro – Anyone looking for a comprehensive solution to website building and contact form creation.
So, now that you know the importance of having a contact form on your website, and the best WordPress contact form plugin solutions around, take your pick and give your site visitors a way to reach out, sign up, subscribe, and more.
Related Reading: How To Add A Contact Form To Your WordPress Website.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means we may make a small commission if you make a purchase.