Are you looking for the best MailChimp alternatives for email marketing?
You’re in the right place!
In this article, we’ve rounded up the best MailChimp alternatives on the market.
First, we’ll walk you through some great alternatives and their standout features.
Finally, we’ll share some recommendations based on different use cases so that you can choose the best email marketing alternative to MailChimp based on your circumstances.
Let’s get started:
The best MailChimp alternatives – summary
Here’s our line-up of the best alternatives to MailChimp.
- Moosend – Best overall.
- MailerLite – Best for affordability. Great free plan.
- Drip – Best email marketing automation platform overall.
- Omnisend – Best all-in-one automation platform for ecommerce stores.
- Sendinblue – Best for infrequent email sending due to send based pricing.
- ConvertKit – Best for bloggers & content creators.
- ActiveCampaign – Powerful automation platform but high learning curve.
- GetResponse – An all-in-one platform that includes email, automation, website building, and ecommerce functionality.
- AWeber – Long Standing MailChimp alternative with a solid free plan.
Moosend is our top Mailchimp alternatives recommendation. It’s an all-in-one marketing platform that includes email marketing, personalization, segmentation, automation, tracking, reporting and analytics, plus third-party integrations.
Start-off by creating responsive email newsletters with the modern templates and the easy-to-use, drag-and-drop editor.
You can personalize your emails with subscriber custom fields, product recommendations based on previous transactions, and ‘Amazon-like’ recommendations based on ‘other customers also purchased’ data.
Then move your email marketing efforts up a gear with high-converting automation workflows for user onboarding, abandoned cart, lead scoring, VIP offers, and more. You can also track visitors as they move around your website from browsing to buying.
Moosend also has a brand new and fancy landing page builder and subscription forms tool to generate more leads and subscribers.
- Create amazing newsletters with the drag-and-drop builder.
- Send personalized marketing and transactional email messages.
- Generate leads with the landing page builder and signup forms tool.
- Automate your marketing workflows to free-up time.
- Track user behavior around your website and shopping cart.
- Take action based on built-in campaign analytics and insights.
- Integrate with 100+ apps and services, such as Zapier and WooCommerce.
Moosend has a range of pricing plans based on the number of features and subscribers, starting with a free plan for up to 1,000 subscribers.
MailerLite comes with all the latest email marketing tools like automation and landing pages, a free plan, and 24/7 support.
You can create fantastic newsletters and ecommerce campaigns with the built-in templates, drag-and-drop editor, rich-text editor or custom HTML editor. And then deliver the right email, to the right person, at the right time with the advanced tagging, behavioral segmentation, and targeting options.
Next, you can optimize your campaigns further with A/B split testing, surveys, and click maps, and then track your performance in the built-in dashboard.
MailerLite’s simple yet effective marketing automation editor allows you to send emails to your subscribers based on various triggers, such as joining a group, completing a form, clicking a link, or abandoning their cart.
- Create mobile-friendly email newsletters and ecommerce campaigns.
- Grow subscribers with embedded signup forms and landing pages.
- Design, create, and embed surveys in emails.
- Create workflows with the super-intuitive automation editor.
- Deliver personalized emails by interest groups, segments, and time zones.
- Test, track, and trace campaigns by open rates and clicks.
- Integrate with Shopify, WooCommerce, WordPress, Zapier, and 90+ other apps.
MailerLite has an affordable range of subscription plans based on the number of subscribers, starting with a free plan and then from $10/month.
Drip is billed as a marketing ecommerce CRM platform. But the reality is that it’s one of the best email automation platforms for any type of business. Not just ecommerce stores.
Having the full-picture lets you segment your contacts by the pages they’ve clicked, things they’ve bought, and emails they’ve opened so that you can personalize your email messages with dynamic content like product recommendations and unique discount codes.
Did you know? Over 90% of people are more likely to shop with brands that remember and recognize them with custom content.
Drip uses behavior-based, visual workflows so you can automate your email marketing to reach and engage your customers at the best time. You can extend your email marketing to reach customers with complemented ads on Facebook and Instagram.
For those of you that do run ecommerce stores, connect your online store and you’ll be able to collect revenue and engagement metrics inside Drip.
Plus, Drip also lets you manage the consolidated data from other integrated marketing tools in one central hub so that you can understand the whole customer journey.
- Industry-leading email automation software. SMS is available too.
- Tag and identify every customer interaction in the CRM.
- Segment your contacts for dynamic personalization.
- Use behavior-based automated email marketing workflows.
- Track every visit, click, and checkout.
- Analyze all engagement metrics in the dashboards.
- Integrate with your ecommerce store and other marketing apps.
- Centralize the entire customer journey in one hub.
Drip has one pricing plan with all the features, starting from $39/month for upto 2,500 contacts and unlimited email sends.
Omnisend is the best MailChimp alternative for ecommerce stores that need an automation solution that covers email, SMS, and web push notifications.
Just signup for a free account, customize your account settings, connect your ecommerce store, and you’re ready to go.
From there, you can use pre-built automations to start driving sales. What I particularly like is that they don’t use placeholder content in these automations.
You will need to tweak the branding, add your logo, and make a few changes to the copy and/or product recommendations. But that’s it. This makes it really easy to get meaningful results from your automations. Whether you’re using email, SMS, web push, or any combination of the three.
From there, you can create email sign-up forms to collect subscribers. And you can create campaigns to send to your subscribers.
There aren’t too many email templates but the flexibility of Omnisend’s email editor more than makes up for this.
What I especially liked was the depth of Omnisend’s reporting. It’s 100% geared towards ecommerce. Advanced reporting is only available on the highest plan, but the reporting on the free + standard plans are excellent.
The one thing to note, however, is that you need to connect an ecommerce store in order to fully utilize Omnisend’s features. Fortunately, all of the major ecommerce platforms are supported. Direct integrations are provided for Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Magento, PrestaShop, and more.
- Excellent UX allows you to get started quickly.
- A single tool to manage and automate emails, SMS, and web push notifications.
- Integrates with a wide range of ecommerce platforms (e.g. Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, PrestaShop, and more).
- Includes a library of ‘ready-to-use’ automation sequences.
- Flexible email editor allows you to create great looking emails.
- Collect subscribers with popover forms. Includes drag & drop customization.
- Run A/B tests and segment your contacts with ease.
- Powerful sales and performance reports allow you to understand what’s working for your ecommerce store.
Omnisend has a free plan that allows you to send 500 emails/month.
Paid plans start at $16/month. Paid plans provide access to 24/7 live chat support and lift the limits on your account.
Sendinblue’s strong free plan makes it an ideal MailChimp alternative.
It’s easy to create a professional-looking email from the template library or start your own from scratch with the drag-and-drop builder. You can then personalize the message with dynamic content for each recipient to boost engagement.
Sendinblue also allows unlimited lists and contacts so you can group subscribers based on various criteria, such as gender, geography, and purchase history, for more targeted messaging.
The built-in marketing automation lets you send emails and SMS messages, organize contacts into different lists, and update information in your CRM, based on your rules and triggers.
- Design professional-looking marketing emails from templates or start from scratch.
- Segment and group contacts based on different criteria.
- Deliver personalized and tailored messages at the perfect time.
- Save time by automating and segmenting your messages.
- Boost open rates and clicks with A/B testing.
- Use SMS for your most urgent marketing messages.
- Deliver transactional emails with on-brand designs.
Sendinblue has a range of pricing plans based on the number of emails you send, which is ideal if you don’t send many emails, starting with a free plan.
ConvertKit is ideal for online creators, including bloggers, podcasters, YouTubers, musicians, and photographers. In short, anyone who markets their products or services online.
The features are designed to make email marketing simple, starting with easy-to-embed, customizable opt-in forms and landing pages that let you deliver lead magnets automatically.
The email designer helps you create simple emails that deliver and convert.
Did you know? Simple plain-text emails often perform better than ones filled with graphics, video, and complicated code.
ConvertKit also includes simple but powerful marketing automations so you can send the right message, to the right person, at the right time. You can build automations based on events, actions, and conditions. Plus, you can group and monitor your subscribers based on their interests and interactions via the built-in dashboard.
- Design and build opt-in forms and landing pages.
- Deliver lead magnets automatically.
- Create clutter-free, mobile-responsive emails with clickable CTAs.
- Send timely and targeted content to your subscribers.
- Organize your subscribers with interest-based tags and segments.
- Track conversion rates in the homepage dashboard.
- Integrate with Crowdcast, Teachable, Shopify, Zapier, and loads more apps.
ConvertKit has a couple of pricing plans. The Free plan allows up to 300 subscribers, while the Complete plan with additional features starts at $29/month for up to 1,000 subscribers.
ActiveCampaign is a popular MailChimp alternative. It includes not only email marketing but also extremely powerful marketing automation and CRM tools to help you create incredible customer experiences.
The main focus of ActiveCampaign is on personalized email marketing. Using the built-in CRM, you can build a picture of each contact. And armed with that info, you can send personalized emails rather than blasting everyone with the same message – and missing the mark.
You can also use the powerful marketing automation to segment your contacts, find your most engaged contacts, or set up email sequences, such as a welcome series, abandoned cart, and automated follow-ups. The options are endless.
- Choose from four types of subscription forms.
- Group your contacts based on any information you have.
- Personalize each email based on what you know about each contact.
- Show different content to different contacts based on certain conditions.
- Make your emails look good on mobile and desktop.
- Run split testing on email headlines, content, CTAs, and automations.
- Integrate with PayPal, Stripe, Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Facebook, and 280+ other apps.
ActiveCampaign has a range of flexible subscription plans based on the number of contacts you have, starting from $9/month (paid yearly).
Bonus: ActiveCampaign also offers one-on-one training, free migration, and a helping hand whenever you need it.
GetResponse is another all-in-one platform, but with a slightly different toolset to other platforms, including:
- Tools to communicate online: Email marketing, Autoresponders, Marketing automation, Webinars.
- Tools to promote business online: Landing pages, Facebook Ads, Conversion funnel.
- Tools to sell online: Stores and products, Ecommerce integrations, Sales funnel.
GetResponse allows you to send the right type of email, such as one-time broadcasts for newsletters, autoresponders for email sequences, automated trigger emails after purchases or abandoned carts, and highly-targeted segment-specific emails.
No matter what type of email marketing campaign you’re working on, you can design your email with the drag-and-drop editor. And you can rest assured your email will reach its intended destination with GetResponse’s 99% deliverability score.
You can also target and personalize email messages with the contact data you collect at signup or point-of-sale, track key metrics in the dashboard, and improve performance with split-testing.
GetResponse’s visual marketing automation tool takes your email and ecommerce workflows to the next level with conditions, actions, and filters to reach the right people at the most appropriate time.
- Create responsive emails with the easy drag-and-drop builder.
- Send the right type of email at the right time.
- Feel confident in the proven 99% email deliverability rate.
- Target and personalize messages with dynamic content.
- Track and improve email performance with split testing.
- Deliver tailor-made offers to your contacts when they’re most active.
- Integrate with other services and apps like Stripe and Shopify.
GetResponse has a range of subscription plans based on functionality and your list size, starting from $12.30/month (paid annually) for up to 1,000 subscribers.
A free plan is available with limited features for up to 500 contacts.
AWeber has been in the email marketing space for a long time. In fact, it was founded 3 years before MailChimp, back in 1998.
Despite that fact, their interface isn’t old and neither is their feature-set. They’ve built out the platform a lot since I first tried it many years ago.
Unlike some MailChimp alternatives, it’s not a difficult tool to use. They’ve done a great job at improving UX over the years.
It’s an email marketing platform at its core. With a drag & drop email editor, plenty of email templates, and email automation. As well as the all important reporting functionality.
But they’ve also included landing pages, forms, and web push notifications.
What I like about the landing page builder in particular is you can use it to sell products via their ecommerce functionality which integrates with PayPal and Stripe.
One of my favorite things about AWeber is the availability of API integrations.
You’ll find native integrations within AWeber that allow you to easily connect to platforms like Etsy and Shopify.
Better than that – because AWeber has been around for so long, a lot of third-party tools have their own integrations with the platform. Whether you use Leadpages, Thrive Leads, ConvertBox, or some other lead capture tool – you’ll usually find it integrates easily with AWeber.
- Easy-to-use automation allows you to put your email marketing on autopilot.
- Includes a drag & drop email builder with a wide selection of email templates.
- A/B testing allows you to improve your emails.
- Integrates with a huge selection of third-party tools and platforms. Everything from ecommerce platforms to lead generation software.
- Integration with Canva allows you to design images for your emails – fast.
- Web push notifications are included.
- Drag & drop landing page builder is included and will integrate with your custom domain name.
- Use landing pages to build your email list or sell products with their ecommerce functionality.
AWeber is priced based on the number of subscribers. Plans start from $19.99/month billed monthly. Or you can save on annual subscriptions.
Alternatively, if you don’t need all the features, you could opt for their free account. You miss out on some of the advanced features but it still includes landing pages, push notifications, and basic automations for upto 500 subscribers.
Which MailChimp alternative should you choose?
The best email marketing software depends on your exact needs.
Moosend is our top pick because it offers industry leading email marketing and automation functionality whilst being easy-to-use, and affordable.
If you want a straight up replacement for MailChimp’s free plan, MailerLite is ideal. They offer 1,000 free subscribers with a strong feature set and their paid plans are far cheaper than MailChimp.
If you’re a blogger wanting a simple platform, consider ConvertKit. It’s pricey but focused entirely on bloggers and content creators. A free plan is available but it doesn’t include email automation.
If you don’t send emails too often, a volume based sending email service provider such as Sendinblue is a great option. Transactional email sending, SMS marketing, landing pages, and more is available. And a free plan for 300 emails/day.
For those that want powerful email automation with excellent email deliverability, Drip is a great option. It’s easier to use than platforms like ActiveCampaign whilst still retaining the advanced automations & powerful CRM you need to drive sales. It’s aimed primarily at ecommerce stores but it works well for other types of businesses as well.
What if you run an ecommerce website? Omnisend is designed purely as an automation platform for ecommerce sites. It provides one hub for SMS, email, and web push notifications. And it includes a lot of pre-built automations so you can get started easily. UX is excellent too but you need to have an ecommerce store to use the platform.
And GetResponse is a good choice for anyone who wants to run more of their business from a single platform rather than relying on lots of tools – you can build landing pages, sales funnels, sell digital products, run webinars, and more.
Email marketing has advanced in leaps and bounds over the last few years. Nowadays, almost any decent service includes visual automations, personalization, segmentation, and third-party integrations to improve your email marketing campaigns. And they’re all priced competitively.
What are you waiting for? Make sure you’re using the best value email marketing tool for you.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. This means we may make a small commission if you make a purchase.