The First Blogging Wizard Weekly Roundup – 16/12/2012
Today I’d like to announce a new weekly round up that you will be able to find here on Blogging Wizard; weekly roundups published every Sunday.
In this post you’re going to find a mash up of powerful resources, articles from all over the web about blogging, content marketing, SEO and social media with a run down of some of the posts you may have missed from here on Blogging Wizard.
Chances are I won’t be able to fit all of the posts that I’ve read through so I’ll include those that I believe you can learn the most from or really need to know about but there it’s also likely that I’ve missed some good and even great posts; the internet is too vast to find them all (that’s not for the lack of trying though).
The majority of posts will be from this week although there may be a few stragglers that I’ve only just had time to read from the week before; either way there is gold in these posts and you should try to read them all if you possibly have time.
Posts from around the web
Blogging and Content
- Get More Blog Readers Using Lessons from Email Marketers - Looking at things from a different perspective can make the world of difference, this post is a good read and will open your mind up to a few new posibilities.
- Don’t Forget The “Marketing” in Content Marketing - Another great post from Neil Patel at Quicksprout; Content marketing is at the heart of what we do and chances are however long you’ve been doing this for you’re going to learn something here.
- Tap User Psychology to Build an Indestructible Community Around Your Blog - Building a community around your blog is one of the most powerful ways of ensuring your blog has staying power not only to survive but to prosper. This is a brilliant post that will tell you exactly how to build up that community; it’s based on scientific research so there is a lot of substance here.
- Top 1 SEO Tips for 2013 - The first post that I can remember seeing that had “top 1″ in a list article and that’s partly why I actually clicked on it; I was intrigued. All that aside though I’m glad I did. Some great lessons to heed moving forward into 2013.
- The Broken Link Building Bible - This is hands down the best guide I have ever seen regarding broken link building. If you haven’t heard of it or even if you have then you need to check this out. It’s a culmination of the knowledge and teaching of some of the best link builders around.
- The Link Builder’s Guide to Email Outreach - I would recommend that anyone who is sending outreach emails reads this guide, some great methodology and some great templates that could seriously improve your conversion rates.
- What Separates a “Good” Outreach Email from a “Great” One? – Whiteboard Friday - I’m a big fan of the Whiteboard Fridays over on SEOMoz. Rand dissects the outreach emails he receives to find out exactly what makes a great outreach email. After looking at the example in the video you can see why it’s a great outreach email. This is easily digestible and actionable for anyone engaging in outreach.
- How to Get 1,000 Visitors in 30 Days from Scratch - Ana is an expert when it comes to getting traffic and if you’re not a regular subscriber then I suggest you start subscribing; a brilliant post with lots of nuggets of actionable information to allow you to start getting traffic & links right away. It works too; if you check out the “speed linking” section you will find out how I managed to get featured in a Small Biz Trends roundup – so, it works!
- Has Google Pinged You as a Spammer? - Something I’d never considered before was the affect that the domain extensions of ping sites could have. Just pinging as many update sites as possible is not the way to go; Ana explains all here.
- 15 Social Media Mistakes that are Strangling Your Success - Social media is an extremely powerful way to make or break a brand so if you’re not taking advantage of it now is the time. Georgina details out 15 mistakes that you need to get a handle on. These mistakes are being made from individuals right up to big brands.
- 15 Steps for Creating a Successful Social Media Giveaway Contest - I’ve run giveaway contests on other sites before and they’ve been very successful but I wonder just how successful they could have been if I’d read this guide sooner. Giveaways are a great way of building buzz around your site so I suggest you check this one out.
- Google+ Communities: The Game Changer - Recently Google released Google+ Communities and it’s evident that this is going to be big. I agree with Mandy here; this will be a game changer and it’s time to get on board and use it (not abuse it).
- WordPress 3.5 “Elvin” - As you have probably seen in your WordPress dashboard the latest version of WordPress is now available. They have revamped the media interface and there’s a new theme; Twenty Twelve. All in all it looks like a really great update.
- Add Beautiful Instagram Image Galleries to WordPress - Instagram is big and brands are starting to realise it’s potential. This guide will give you a very social image gallery.
- How To Easily Install All Your Favorite Plugins From WordPress.org - I do a lot of WordPress installations which can end up being very time consuming. If you’re just setting up a blog and that’s it then you will manage fine but if you’re extremely time poor like myself then you will really benefit from this.
Posts from right here on Blogging Wizard
The second week of Blogging Wizard is drawing to a close and things have been going great so far; some great comments from fellow bloggers and traffic is on the up. Did you get chance to read all of the posts from the last week? If not then here is your weekly round up:
- REDDIT: The Quick and Dirty Guide to Targeted Traffic - Have you ever wondered how you can actually get targeted traffic from Reddit? Here I show you how I left one comment and bagged over 400 unique visitors within less than two days.
- How to Save Your Raven Tools Ranking Data - Just over a week ago Raven Tools announced they were dropping their rank tracking, while it’s still a great tool you need to save your historical ranking data; here I show you exactly how.
- How Mass Submission Services Are Degrading SEO and Could Hurt Your Site - People are being lied to and chances are if you’ve purchased a mass submission service to get links then you’ve been lied to as well, it’s not your fault but you need to know exactly what these types of services can do to your website. Learn more here.
- Guest Blogging – An Opportunity To Shine! - All the black hatters are discovering that blasting thousands of crap links at their sites isn’t going to work moving forward, this now means they’re all jumping on board the guest blogging train and they’ve brought their bad habits with them. Find out why this is good for you.
Over to you
How’s this week gone for you? Have you been affected by the decision Raven Tools made to put a halt on their rank tracking? Have you learnt anything ground breaking this week? I’d love to know more in the comments.