Triple Instalment: Weekly Roundup (90+ Resources) – 3rd Feb 2013
This week the Blogging Wizard weekly roundup is going to be a little bit different, usually as the title suggests I do these posts on a weekly basis, but due to being ill for the past week or so and a few other things going on you’re going to get a triple installment this week to make up for it – this means 3 times more resources so there’s plenty of information for you to soak up.
Enjoy & don’t forget to share this post so that your friends and followers can benefit from the resources below.
Note: I’m going to be doing something else a bit different this week, I’m going to leave off the commentary and deliver this as a straight up list. What I want to determine is what you prefer, do you prefer how I usually do things with commentary next to each link or would you prefer I leave them off so you can just pile into the list and start reading?
Let me know in the comments, I’m always happy to have feedback!
Posts from around the web
Blogging and Content
- 4 Strategies for Turning “Blah” Content Into Powerful Link Magnets: Link Bait Updated for 2013
- Top 13 Lessons and Tips Learned in 4 Years of Blogging!
- 5 Blogging Tips to Give Your Readers What They Want
- 10 Secrets of Professional Writers Every Blogger Should Know
- 8 Essential Habits for Effective Writing
- Blog Exercises: The Editorial Calendar
- Are You Too Lazy To Be A Successful Blogger?
- Guide to Building Momentum for Your Evergreen Content
- How I Grew The KISSmetrics Blog From 0 to 350,000 Readers a Month
- How to use Internal Site Search Data to Figure Out If You’re Giving your Readers What They Want
- How to Win a Content Arms Race – Whiteboard Friday
- How to Produce High Quality Written Content
- My Blog Was Hacked & What You Can Learn From It
- The Blog Editor’s Ultimate Guide to Managing Multiple Contributors
- Stories Make $H!T Happen
- How To Write Killer Headlines
- The Five Don’ts of Mobile Website Design
- Using Google Analytics for Blog Post Timing Insights
- Why Content Goes Viral: the Theory and Proof
- 5 Crucial Steps to Make Your Brand a Movement
- 5 Essential Qualities of Irresistible Product Descriptions
- 7 Pricing Mistakes That Can Seriously Stifle Sales
- 8 Ways to Instantly Improve the Quality of Your Marketing Content
- Viral Campaigns That Hilariously Backfired
- 11 Obvious A/B Tests You Should Try
- 23 Of The Best Landing Page Optimization Articles On The Internet
- Are You Making These Common Website Navigation Mistakes?
- Disarmament: Content Marketing’s Hidden Key to Persuasion, Trust, and Sales Success
- Why the Greatest Content Marketing Companies Start and Stop with CEO and Management Involvement
- Google Leads in Video Ads, Networks & Exchanges Boast Better Results
- How Acquiring a Website Can Be a Faster Path to Profit
- How to Optimize Contact Forms for Conversions
- Be a Leader – Climb a Rock Wall
- The Science of Virality – Marketing Lessons from Internet Cats
- When Press Releases Do (and Don’t) Help Your Marketing
- Why Branding is important
- The Ultimate Blueprint to More Profitable Website Traffic
- 10 Content Experts Weigh In On Author Rank in 2013: Part I
- 14 Point Site Audit for SEO
- 25 Killer Combos for Google’s Site: Operator
- 40 Important Local Search Questions Answered
- Apply the Golden Rule to Guest Posting
- Blog Design That Rocks SEO
- Filter Bubbles Created by Blogs and Search Engines
- Best SEO Practices and Tips For 2013
- Google Updates Place Page Management In Google
- HOW TO: Build Influential Contacts Through Guest Blogging
- How to Increase Search Traffic through Keyword Audit on Google Analytics
- The Definitive Guide to Penguin Friendly SEO
- The Link Shrink Is In: 3 More Crazy Assumptions About Linking
- The Easiest Method to Link Baiting
- The Simplest Link Building Tutorial Ever
- The Art of SEO Client Retention & Longevity
- The Ultimate Guide to Advanced Guest Blogging
- Review of Dashboard Tools That Measure Social Media Engagement
- An Easy YouTube Framework: For Testing Keyword Success
- 11 Facebook Privacy and Timeline Changes You Should Know
- Bing Adds 5x More Facebook Content to its Search Results
- Quora Will Host Blogs
- How I Attracted 10,000 Twitter Followers in a Year (My 5 Step Process)
- Lady Gaga Loses 156 Million YouTube Views
- Tumblr WordPress Themes 2013 Tumblr WordPress Themes 2013
- Frank: A Free WordPress Theme Designed For Speed
- Finding a WordPress Theme Was a Broken Process… Until Now
- How to Get a Siri Like Butler in Your WordPress Dashboard
Blogging Wizard Posts
Have you read all of my posts this week? If not here’s a quick recap (I’d love it if you could check them out):
- How to Launch or Re-Launch a Blog and Make It a Success (Bloggingwizard.com) – This is one of the longest posts I’ve written (maybe the longest), I had to round it off at about 4,000 words. Have a read and let me know what you think.
- How to Use Multivariate Testing to Build the Ultimate Opt-in Form (Problogger.net) – My first ever post on Problogger and it’s well worth a read if you want to improve conversions. The method I explain can be used on anything really, it doesn’t specifically have to be opt-in forms, it could be sales pages, squeeze pages or whatever you prefer.
Over to you
How was January for you? Any learning experiences that you’d like to share? I’d love to hear from you in the comments.